Windows 10: since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

Discus and support since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing in Cortana to solve the problem; since windows 10 anniversary update was installed on my computer my hey cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by michellegauci, Jan 7, 2019.

1. since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

since windows 10 anniversary update was installed on my computer my hey cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

:)

michellegauci, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Mysticode Win User

Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Hood Win User
    Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

It's because the anniversary update is just like upgrading to a new version of Windows; it leaves behind a Windows.old folder so you can revert back (mine was about 16GB).
    Don't feel bad, the anniversary update changed a lot of my settings and programs, and my activation status. By the time I investigated and decided I didn't want it, I had already deleted the Windows.old folder, so I reverted using an image I made before the update (version 1511).
    Since then, Windows Update has only updated within 1511, and hasn't changed the version to 1607, so I'm happy. There is nothing in the anniversary update I wanted anyway, just more Cortana integration and more ways for Windows to collect your private data, so be glad you dodged a bullet...

Hood, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing

1. since windows 10 anniversary update my cortana lightbulb settings icon is missing - Similar Threads - since anniversary update

2. The Notebook icon is missing from Cortana after Windows 10 update

in Cortana
    The Notebook icon is missing from Cortana after Windows 10 update: Hi, Normally I use Cortana to create and view reminders as they sync between my phone and computers. However, with the latest update of Windows 10, Cortana has changed and the Notebook icon is gone. Now I have to use the "Your Pone" app or my phone to create a reminder....
  3. Cortana Notebook icon is missing.

in Cortana
    Cortana Notebook icon is missing.: Simple as that. There are no options in Cortana and I can't change Fahrenheit to Celsius or Bing to Google. There is no notebook icon in start menu. Is there anything I can do? It's a fresh Win10 Pro downloaded officially from MS website and is activated with official key I...
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary update missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update missing: Hello All , I have been running Windows 10 professional and its been a month since the anniversary update OS 1607, but I still don't see it enabled for me to download even though I manually check for updates almost everyday . Are they doing in phased manner , are there...
  5. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  6. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  7. Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Since Anniversary Update: I keep getting the odd blue screen since the anniversary update. I think it's network related, the network driver. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it keeps happening. Any ideas? Attached is the zip file as per rules of posting on this section. 61175
  8. Cortana Can Not Be Turned Off In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Can Not Be Turned Off In The Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Microsoft has removed the option to disable Cortana in the upcoming Windows 10 anniversary update. [img] Not that much more to be said really. For Windows 10 Pro users it seems like it will be possible to disable Cortana using a group policy (and home users will be able...
  9. 4 BSODs since Win 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    4 BSODs since Win 10 Anniversary Update: Hi, I bought the Lenovo T460p a few months ago and since the anniversary update of Windows 10 (not 100% sure if that's the cause), I'm receiving BSODs irregularly (e.g. one yesterday, two today within 15 min). I attached the output of the dm log collector: Attachment...
  10. Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat: Hello, Title says it all. I can't use the search functionality and Cortana is missing. Is there a way to reinstall it? 66038

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crotana lamp icon missing