Windows 10: Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen!

Discus and support Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a big problem ever since upgrading to Windows 10. I tried on Friday to install a fresh version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as a trial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen!

Hello, I have a big problem ever since upgrading to Windows 10. I tried on Friday to install a fresh version of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB as a trial version to test and even after hours of struggle, I failed to fix this problem.

This afternoon I reformatted Windows and installed Windows 10 Home Edition. And once again I have this dreadful problem.

Here's the screenshot to show you what's happening.
    Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen! [​IMG]

Notice how on the right side of my printscreen you can see my desktop wallpaper. The problem is that even if I try to drag the edge of it to cover the right edge. It's like half an inch of gap that cannot be filled to fit the screen!

This part no matter how much I try to drag it will not listen to my command! This problem is occurring on Wordpad as well. If I restart the computer and then try Google Chrome to stretch then it works temporarily. But as soon as I launch a game full screen and then return to desktop this triggers the same problem to happen with my Google Chrome browser.

Notepad and various other windows cannot be stretched and dragged to fit the entire screen. Can someone please assist me on what I need to do to fix this issue? If I can't fix this problem I am returning back to Windows 8.1 or 7 indefinitely!

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 7, 2019

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen!

fit to screen windows 10

Hi Steve,

We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please provide the following information:

• Are you trying to do a fit to screen for Windows apps or Wallpaper?
    • Can you tell us more about the issue?

In the meantime, if you have issue with fit to screen feature, you can check this

link
    and follow Pawan Dhondiyal's resolution provided on the thread.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen!

1. Since Windows 10 I cannot drag to fit the entire edges of the screen! - Similar Threads - Since cannot drag

2. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  3. Page not fitting screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Page not fitting screen.: Hi, Following a crash I've reinstalled Windows and everything seems OK with one exception. On a couple of websites I can see just the left side of the page and have to move the slider bar over to the right to read the part of the that's not in view. I've tried all that I can...
  4. Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10: Display does not fit Screen. Windows 10, i tryed this but they dont work Method1: Try to uninstall and re-install the Display drivers.You may follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Display drivers:Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type...
  5. Windows 10 OOBE will not fit on my screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OOBE will not fit on my screen: Hello. I recently reset my PC because it had loads of glitches, but now I am at the OOBE. The oobe is too scaled to get past the location part, so I cant get my PC working again...
  6. Cannot drag from one screen to another

Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  7. Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen

Extra screens when icon dragged over edge of screen: If I move an icon to the edge of my screen and then off the screen to left or right, a new screen slides into view and two dots briefly appear at the bottom of my screen. NOTE: these are not the screens that Task View shows as they have no icons on them, just the background...
  8. Window will not fit screen

Window will not fit screen: I am using a pc splitter, splitting 2 tv's, as my monitors , When I did this my original samsung tv now will not let me fit the window on the left side of screen, leaving right side off and unable to see. Will not let me do anything to use this left side. What can I do to...
  9. Suddenly I have a problem with fitting screen in Windows 10!

Suddenly I have a problem with fitting screen in Windows 10!: I didn’t have this problem before, so I wonder if it’s virus-related. Because the screen suddenly went too far on the left side that when I’m using Excel and I need to highlight the entire row, that I couldn’t do that anymore unless I shrink the worksheet. So what’s the...
  10. Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag: [img] This happens with the Edge browser when I try to enlarge the window by dragging. This has happened for as long as I can remember. I have had windows 10 from Beta and through all updates and it has happened with Edge as long as I can remember. My graphics drivers are...