Windows 10: Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile

Discus and support Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings! Since the latest updates from Windows 10 2020 I can no longer change or remove user profiles. Also it has impacted my Microsoft Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cynthia A.Silk, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile

Greetings!

Since the latest updates from Windows 10 2020 I can no longer change or remove user profiles. Also it has impacted my Microsoft Outlook account which I cannot reinstall even though it was working beautifully before this. I have spent too much time resintalling Windows to see if that fixes it but to no avail. Does anyone have an thoughts as to how I can do it?

Thank you!

Cynthia

:)

Cynthia A.Silk, Jun 14, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Well you can try something like this... Delprof2 – User Profile Deletion Tool
    It is free to use, if you use for private use.

Quote from the Site page:

Deleting User Profile in Windows Using Delprof2

95Viper, Jun 14, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 14, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile

1. Since Windows 10 latest updates I can no longer delete a user's profile - Similar Threads - Since latest updates

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  4. internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update: internal dvd no longer recognised since latest update Toshiba Tecra C-50E, Windows 10 Pro 2004 i am unable to find out how to restore it tried the new Settings > bluetooth and other devices > nothing the old Windows System > add a device > nothing any help out there...
  5. UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE

UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE: I'm not sure if it even was an update to be honest. I opened up my laptop to find a notification to restart, which I did, and then told me to log into my normal user profile. When I did, everything was wiped off of that account. And when I went onto the Windows C drive...
  6. can no longer resize windows since update

in Windows 10 Support
    can no longer resize windows since update: Hello. This is my first time asking a question. My Windows 10 Home, version 1903, updated automatically on Sept. 29. Everything seems different, and I am gradually figuring it out. (Is there a tutorial anywhere?) What really bothers me is that I can no longer resize...
  7. after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back

after latest update 2004 lost user profil, can i get it back: After updating latest version to 2004, lost my user profile, now my desktop, and programs are gone. is there any way to get my user profile back? or maybe revert back before update?...
  8. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  9. Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work

Since the latest Windows 10 update Photoshop Elements 15 will no longer work: Since the latest windows 10 update Photoshop elements 15 will no longer work It will launch but then when I try to do anything get various error messages. It was working fine the day before the upgrade...
  10. Delete User Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete User Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete User Profile of an Account in Windows 10 [img] Information When signs in to the new account for the first time. A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why doesnt delprof2 work any longer windows 10 1909