Windows 10: Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable.

Discus and support Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed this. I never had this problem under Windows 8.x. Checked my BIOS and everything looked good. IGPU is turned off. Setting the memory in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable.

I just noticed this. I never had this problem under Windows 8.x. Checked my BIOS and everything looked good. IGPU is turned off. Setting the memory in msconfig Boot|Advanced doesn't work. I've run out of ideas. Looking for a fix.

Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable. [​IMG]

:)

streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015

2. Not all my ram is usable and I have a 8gb stick

I just got a 8gb stick of ram and my computer reads that I have 8gb but says only 3.46 is aviable for use and I keep getting booted from my games like csgo because I don't have enough ram avaibale and it says memory low. Please help I have 32 bit and 64
    both installed ! really need help do I need to configure the ram or what ive already trued the MSConfig.

BraydenWard, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Not all my ram is usable and I have a 8gb stick

You have an installer capable of installing either 32 or 64 bit but you may not have a processor capable of running a 64 bit.

Or you upgraded a 32 bit system and the installer installed the 32 bit version.

ThrashZone, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable.

That's normal. Your system reserves your low-memory for hardware.

Make sure Memory Remapping is enable in the BIOS

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Are you using the GPU on your motherboard, or do you have a separate video card?

Mystere, Aug 8, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    Doesn't Windows 10 set ram aside for Hyper-V or other Virtualization? If the amount of Ram not usable is about a gig or so, I'll wager it's been set aside for Virtualization, check your BIOS settings. I haven't seen a MB with "Vanderpool" on it for a while, but that was what Intel was calling Virtualization back when Core chips came out- Maybe 2006. 2007 or so.

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  7. I do have virtualization on in my BIOS. Always had it on. If Windows 10 now reserves actual RAM for it that's new. I had it on because I 'thought' it's needed to use VMware. I'll turn it off in a few minutes and report back.

I don't use the IGPU I have a discrete video card.

streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Keldian Win User

I also have 16 GB and they're fully usable on my system, so I'd say it's not normal.

Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    Yah, that might be it, Also if you have any kind of Ivy Bridge Video Setup, that will use a little of your Main ram as well as your Dedicated Ram.

Your system was setting aside about 600mb of Ram for something, Vanderpool used to set aside 1024mb, specifically for Virtualization and for "Windows XP Mode" on Windows 7 machines. Hyoer-V is the MS Virtualization, I think it only works with Intel chipsets. Other virtualization systems might not use the resources set aside in the BIOS.

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Turned off virtualization in my BIOS and that didn't help. All it did was make VMware not work. My IGPU is disabled.

streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    Well, it's setting aside 600mb for something, you may have to go through all of your settings to find out what. Have you enabled "God Mode"? Make a new Folder on the desktop and rename it to this:

Code: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}[/quote] Then you will be able to look in all of the nooks and crannies of Windows 10.

XweAponX, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Hydranix Win User
    You'll want to keep virtualization turned on.

Hey you got the same motherboard as me. All 16GB of my ram shows up as usable.

iGPU off
    render standby enabled
    igpu memory auto
    multimonitor disabled

advanced > system agent configuration > memory remap feature = enabled

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable.

My IGPU is set up a little different then yours. I'll set it to what you have.

Btw... I just booted up an 8.1 PE USB flash drive and it says the same thing about my RAM. Guess this rules out Windows 10. Must be BIOS or could my RAM be bad? I would think if it was RAM it would take down the whole bad bank not 600 MB.

streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015
  14. @Hydranix

Set my iGPU to what you have and viola now I have a full 16GB. I always used the settings I had before and always got a full 16GB. Don't know why all of a sudden I needed to change them per your suggestions.

I thank you very much my friend.

streetwolf, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Keldian Win User
    If you're running a UEFI setup, BIOS settings can be modified at the OS level, so W10 could still be to blame.

Keldian, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Since Windows 10 not all of my RAM is usable. - Similar Threads - Since RAM usable

2. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 usable ram: So my hp pavilion 15 notebook has 6 gb ram and it says 3.19 usable, i fixed this by restoring bios to default settings and it turned to 5.19 usable but it happened again and i tried restoring bios to default settings and nothing happened, i need help...
  3. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 usable ram: So my hp pavilion 15 notebook has 6 gb ram and it says 3.19 usable, i fixed this by restoring bios to default settings and it turned to 5.19 usable but it happened again and i tried restoring bios to default settings and nothing happened, i need help...
  4. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. All my ram is not usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my ram is not usable: I recently bought a new laptop and when i checked the ram it said 5.86gb usable although i have 8 gb ram in this device. I have tried many ways to fix it but no result.Why is this happening and how to fix this?...
  6. All my ram is not usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my ram is not usable: I recently bought a new laptop and when i checked the ram it said 5.86gb usable although i have 8 gb ram in this device. I have tried many ways to fix it but no result.Why is this happening and how to fix this?...
  7. Usable Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usable Ram: I have Windows 11 download with a 64-bit operating system and a x64-based processor but when I check my ram it says I have 8GB of ram but 7.98 usable! Does any know how to get my 7.98 GB of ram back?...
  8. Not all RAM usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not all RAM usable: I have 4GB RAM and only 3.25 is Usable, I tried doing the msconfig solution but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-all-ram-usable/7f125d22-18d2-408e-b687-4006122484cd
  9. Usable RAM.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable RAM.: Hello, I have 4 GB of RAM installed in my computer. But it shows that only 3.7 is usable. Please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram/58afd9d1-86a8-4fe7-bcbd-5431b825ab37
  10. Not all of my RAM is shown as usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not all of my RAM is shown as usable: I have a Lenovo running Windows 10 Pro. System - About said that I had 4GB of RAM installed, but only 1.88 GB usable. So I ran a Crucial.com scan and bought a compatible 8GB RAM chip. Now it says I have 8GB of RAM installed, but still only 1.88GB usable. Following advice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not all ram usable