Windows 10: Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords

Discus and support Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop did a window 10 update i believe its the latest feature update about 2 weeks ago. This update causes when I open Outlook it asked for all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jesse311, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Jesse311 Win User

Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords

My laptop did a window 10 update i believe its the latest feature update about 2 weeks ago. This update causes when I open Outlook it asked for all my email passwords, a continuous loop, it also prompts me for my Onedrive password and removed all my saved passwords for websites.

i have tried removing the credentials, starting a new outlook profile and reinstalling office and one drive.

none of it works, uninstalling the update did work but then the computer is installing it on its own 3 days later. Please help, thank you

:)

Jesse311, Oct 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Since Windows 10 update Outlook and Onedrive keep asking for passwords - Similar Threads - Since update Outlook

2. Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook keeps asking for password but accepts nothing: I just went thru the lengthy stream related to Outlook not being able to log into g-mail vis Subject. After hours of effort I finally got the two to talk to each other but now Outlook will not synchronize any of the folders so I STILL cannot download any of my mail from...
  3. Outlook asking for password after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook asking for password after 2004 update: I have a user who has two computers, one Lenovo X1 Carbon and a Surface Pro. Both are set up the same way with a local user, Office apps through a 365 subscription, files synced to DropBox and so on. After he updated both machines to the 2004 update, Outlook keeps asking for...
  4. Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2013 Keeps asking for password to log in to AOL: Microsoft Outlook 2013 keeps asking for the password to log in to AOL mail. I connect to AOL.COM using an IMAP connection. Now it keeps asking for the password. It has done this repeatedly in the last 2 weeks. I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet to...
  5. office365 outlook keeps asking password over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office365 outlook keeps asking password over and over again: My outlook goes nuts... and it's asking password over and over again. I do have a msn email.... I did see some exceptions regarding a Hotmail and outlook but without any details... TH...
  6. When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When using Outlook Windows Security keeps asking for my password: Recently every time I access one of my E Mail accounts I get a pop up from Windows Security asking for the password. When I enter the password my messages download and get sent. My other two E Mail accounts are fine and do not have this problem. Can anyone tell me how to...
  7. Windows copy not asking Outlook password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows copy not asking Outlook password: Hi. I recently bought a new Laptop with preloaded Windows 10 os. Now I have activated it, and I am unable to use my outlook account. The system lists me as an administrator, and Doesn't give me the option to switch to outlook account. I want to use my outlook account...
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook XP (2002) keeps asking for password: Hello, we are slowly migrating to Windows 10 at work and there is an issue with Outlook 2002. First, the setup: - 1 Microsoft Exchange account for everyone. No issue here. - 1 GMail account with Pop3 setup. Keeps asking for password each time we start Outlook, but then...
  10. Outlook Keeps Asking for Password

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Keeps Asking for Password: I use Microsoft Outlook (Office 365 2016) for email and for the past several months, it's been asking for the password for various of my email accounts. After awhile it will accept the password, and everything will be fine until something breaks again and the process...