Windows 10: Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows

Discus and support Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve been having this issue since Windows Defender was updated from version 4.14.17639.18041-0 to 4.18.1812.3-0. Since that moment, when I insert a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmyMoultrie, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows

I’ve been having this issue since Windows Defender was updated from version 4.14.17639.18041-0 to 4.18.1812.3-0. Since that moment, when I insert a BitLocker To Go USB drive, it results in freezing my laptop running Windows 10, version 1803 for 10 minutes. Then I receive a message to enter the BTG password.

I tried to disable Windows Defender and it partly fixes the issue. Could you recommend a proper fix for this issue, please?

:)

AmyMoultrie, Feb 11, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Feb 11, 2019
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Feb 11, 2019
  4. mcraygsx Win User

Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

Imgur
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    Imgur
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows

1. Since Windows Defender update, inserting BitLocker To Go USB drive results in frozen Windows - Similar Threads - Since Defender update

2. Update results in frozen screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update results in frozen screen: Windows 11 updated itself. I now get a screen with 3 icons.1. Map pointer2. Fingerprint 3. Lock which is openI can't do anything - I can't click on any of those 3 icons, I can't do Alt-Tab to bring up another app. e.g. Task Manager which I can open via Ctrl-Alt-Delete but...
  3. Update results in frozen screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update results in frozen screen: Windows 11 updated itself. I now get a screen with 3 icons.1. Map pointer2. Fingerprint 3. Lock which is openI can't do anything - I can't click on any of those 3 icons, I can't do Alt-Tab to bring up another app. e.g. Task Manager which I can open via Ctrl-Alt-Delete but...
  4. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  5. Windows Defender scanning USB Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning USB Drive: Does windows defender scan devices connected to the PC such as USD drive? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scanning-usb-drive/412c4d3b-97d1-49b0-8ff2-6d19d09c9fdf
  6. Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera: Not a computer savvy person here but my USB camera was working totally fine before windows 10 update and now is not working - image is totally grainy :. Any advise? I have a vimicro USB 2.0 PC Camera Venus Thanks in advance :-...
  7. Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI: Ever since the USBXHCI driver was updated I have been having issues using external USB 3 drives or usb sticks. I have a Samsung T5 usb type c drive that was working fine for 6 months. But since the update, if I plug in via USB type c cable, then the drive light comes on,...
  8. Bitlocker USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker USB Drive: Hi, I recently Bitlocked my USB flash drive for security purposes. But now when I attempt to open my USB, it simply says "Location not available" "D:\ is not accessible" "Access is denied." Please help....
  9. Windows Defender and USB flash drives

Windows Defender and USB flash drives: Ive read that Windows Defender doesn't automatically scan any attached removable drives such as USB flash drives when a Full Scan is performed. If that's correct. Lets say that you insert a USB flash drive that has somehow become unknowingly infected with malware. How does...
  10. Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go

Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, Recently my company provided me with a Windows 10 SOE image as part of a UAT. The image includes Symantec Endpoint Encryption which utilizes Bitlocker for encryption. I went through all of the motions with the C:\ drive to be encrypted and even printed the...