Windows 10: Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

Discus and support Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,Since Microsoft didn't fix this problem and it still persists to this day, I'm opening a new post in the hope somebody is finally going to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by I. van der Laan, May 24, 2023.

1. Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

Hello,Since Microsoft didn't fix this problem and it still persists to this day, I'm opening a new post in the hope somebody is finally going to fix this bug.External USB-c hubs have lost image connectivity to the external monitors since the 22H2 update. The hubs are recognized and the monitors show up in the settings menu, but the screens stay black. It all works fine in 21H2, but not in 22H2. In Windows 11 it's the same thing.I'm not the first person to point this out to Microsoft and probably will not be the last...so fix this!It shouldn't be rocket science to you guys! Come on!

:)

I. van der Laan, May 24, 2023
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, May 24, 2023
  3. FreeEve Win User
    Dark Screen and Windows 10 Update - Where is the Fix??

Hello,

Each time you send a Windows 10 update to my computer the screen becomes dark. Since this apparently occurs on a regular basis why doesn't Microsoft send a fix along with the update? I have tried each of the suggested remedies and none have corrected
    the dark screen. Typically, to use my computer without wasting an inordinate amount of time I must delete each update that is a non-security update. Why should I be required to become a computer technician to repair a repeated error such as this. Please
    fix my dark screen or take my computr off of the automatic update list. I have work to accomplish and am unable to do so because of your Windows 10 update that has darkened my screen. Are you unable to send a fix after you have sent the update or to at least
    post a fix on your website? My time is just as valuable as Microsoft and my tolerance is limited. Please send me a fix immrfisyrly for the dark screen that your Windows 10 update caused apparently last evening. Thank you.

Best regards.

FreeEve, May 24, 2023
  4. Andy Roid Win User

Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

I wish things are that simple. My error code was 0x80246017, and I don't have KB5020435 installed so it's a dead end. BTW, MS lists like 6 or 7 error codes of the format 0x8024xxxx on the "troubleshooting WU problems", and when you chose next step, it suggests generic steps: run WU troubleshooter, check if your disk has no errors, is your remote disk is accessible, etc. Same as MS community; each similar error has completely different cause and (re)solution.
    MS in notorious for this- if it works then OK, if it doesn't then good luck.

Andy Roid, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

1. Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark - Similar Threads - Since update 22H2

2. Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black: So I got windows 10 22h2 to download, then get ready for install. I clicked restart now, and it starts to restart, went to a blue screen saying installing updates, don't turn off your computer, got up to 9%, then the screens went black. The computer is still on, but the one...
  3. Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black: So I got windows 10 22h2 to download, then get ready for install. I clicked restart now, and it starts to restart, went to a blue screen saying installing updates, don't turn off your computer, got up to 9%, then the screens went black. The computer is still on, but the one...
  4. Updated to windows 10 22h2, started install, then screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2: Since update 22H2 I have lost the facility to do a screen capture using function button plus the pint screen button. It used to work before 22H2 but not since. Anybody got any ideas ? This is a very useful facility for me as I use it to capture images from the screen....
  6. Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2

Windows 10 Function + Print screen does not work since update 22H2: Since update 22H2 I have lost the facility to do a screen capture using function button plus the pint screen button. It used to work before 22H2 but not since. Anybody got any ideas ? This is a very useful facility for me as I use it to capture images from the screen....
  7. Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark: Hello,Since Microsoft didn't fix this problem and it still persists to this day, I'm opening a new post in the hope somebody is finally going to fix this bug.External USB-c hubs have lost image connectivity to the external monitors since the 22H2 update. The hubs are...
  8. Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark

Since Windows update 22H2 external screens went dark: Hello,Since Microsoft didn't fix this problem and it still persists to this day, I'm opening a new post in the hope somebody is finally going to fix this bug.External USB-c hubs have lost image connectivity to the external monitors since the 22H2 update. The hubs are...
  9. 22H2 update went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update went wrong: Last week I updated my Envy laptop to 22H2. After that, this message appeared on the screen: by the way, I have tried every recommendation I read from this type of issues, but window won’t boot. Please help!...
  10. 22H2 update went wrong

22H2 update went wrong: Last week I updated my Envy laptop to 22H2. After that, this message appeared on the screen: by the way, I have tried every recommendation I read from this type of issues, but window won’t boot. Please help!...