Windows 10: Since windows update, I no longer have sound

Discus and support Since windows update, I no longer have sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a hp laptop and its been working great. However since the last windows update (Windows 10 1809 17763.529) today, i have no sound at all. Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavinJarratt, May 28, 2019.

1. Since windows update, I no longer have sound

I have a hp laptop and its been working great. However since the last windows update (Windows 10 1809 17763.529) today, i have no sound at all. Sound icon has a red X over it and it does not show any sound devices in device manager for the sound card or the digital intel sound for the hdmi port. However i do have a yellow mark against Intel smart sound technology (intel(R) SST) audio controller.

i have tried to do a system restore and that also failed. Seareched loads online and found nothing to sort it including updating the drivers from the hp website.

Please advise. I am running out of ideas on how to fix this.

:)

GavinJarratt, May 28, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Since windows update, I no longer have sound :p

cadaveca, May 28, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, May 28, 2019
  4. Since windows update, I no longer have sound

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Since windows update, I no longer have sound

1. Since windows update, I no longer have sound - Similar Threads - Since update longer

2. since last update Windows 11 i have no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    since last update Windows 11 i have no sound: Have done all troubleshooting suggested and still no soundsnothing suggested worked. Looking for another suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-update-windows-11-i-have-no-sound/aa985da8-6c27-4a1f-a51b-10242307f8f9
  3. since last update Windows 11 i have no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    since last update Windows 11 i have no sound: Have done all troubleshooting suggested and still no soundsnothing suggested worked. Looking for another suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-update-windows-11-i-have-no-sound/aa985da8-6c27-4a1f-a51b-10242307f8f9
  4. can no longer resize windows since update

in Windows 10 Support
    can no longer resize windows since update: Hello. This is my first time asking a question. My Windows 10 Home, version 1903, updated automatically on Sept. 29. Everything seems different, and I am gradually figuring it out. (Is there a tutorial anywhere?) What really bothers me is that I can no longer resize...
  5. Since I have updated to Window 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since I have updated to Window 10...: After I had updated to Windows 10 nothing works on my start window and every time it does an additional update I lose all my saved files I have made. None of the apps work and all that I have pinned have disappeared. It is very frustrating....
  6. Windows 10 update automaticly and I no longer have sound

Windows 10 update automaticly and I no longer have sound: On a regular basis, MS "updates" my system and I lose the sound function. The only way I can get it back is to recover the previous version. Help...
  7. I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound since i upgraded to windows 10.: How do I get my sound back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-since-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/de5bbc63-ba16-48ef-8abb-ff4754ca1847
  8. no sound since update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  9. No Sound Since Recent Windows Update

No Sound Since Recent Windows Update: No sound on laptop since recent Windows update last night. This is the second time this has happened. The last time was a year or so ago and I brought my laptop to the store I purchased it from as it was a recent purchase. They fixed it. This time I am trying to fix the...
  10. No sound since Windows 10 update.

No sound since Windows 10 update.: I have no sound since Windows 10 update. I have tried uninstalling ads reinstalling the sound drivers. Nothing has worked. Do I need RealTek audio sound drivers?...