Windows 10: Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded...

Discus and support Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As of yesterday, when I close Edge and reopen it, all logins/passwords to sites have disappeared and their list in the parameters of Edge is empty. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael in Paris, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded...

As of yesterday, when I close Edge and reopen it, all logins/passwords to sites have disappeared and their list in the parameters of Edge is empty. I even uninstalled/reinstalled Edge, to no avail. I run Windows 10 Pro.

I also noticed that the Windows Mail app which I don't use, but must be running in the background and Calendar, both Windows apps, started sending me notifications that the accounts it was accessing were obsolete I am translating from French. I reentered their passwords, it worked for a while, then again this message.

I suspect it is a more general problem with Windows apps than just Edge - maybe the Credential Manager? - but have no idea how to address this.

I had this problem some months ago -- after years of Windows 10 working without a hitch - and ended up calling and paying for Windows support. They tried, and had me reinstall Windows twice, to no avail. They ended up creating a new account on my PC the account I am using now, and it didn't have the problem. So I painfully migrated to this one. Now this one is affected.

Any suggestions, please?

:)

Michael in Paris, Oct 27, 2020

2. Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Edge is the most terrible for remember passwords

Hi Don,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It seems Microsoft Edge browser needs a repair on your computer. However we’d like to get more information,

1. Have you made any changes on the computer?

In the mean while I would suggest you to visit below links and follow the steps which would resolve the issue.

1. What to do if Microsoft Edge isn't working
    2. Save or forget passwords in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The ‘Microsoft Edge Settings’ feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The ‘Reset Microsoft Edge Settings’
    feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Microsoft Edge Settings feature.

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded...

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded...

1. Since yesterday, Edge and other Windows apps forget all logins/passwords they had recorded... - Similar Threads - Since yesterday Edge

2. windows forget password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows forget password: Hello Imagine an organization with 5,000 users. If 5% of users forget their Windows password, which is Join Domain, 250 requests for password change will be sent to the admin every day. Is it possible to add a password forget option on the Windows login page?...
  3. windows forget password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows forget password: Hello Imagine an organization with 5,000 users. If 5% of users forget their Windows password, which is Join Domain, 250 requests for password change will be sent to the admin every day. Is it possible to add a password forget option on the Windows login page?...
  4. Why is edge forgetting passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is edge forgetting passwords: After yet more updates being forced upon me I find allmy saved passwords for web sites are missing from my computers, I AM GETTING FED UP WITH MICROSOFT FORCING UPDATES ON ME WHICH COMPLETY MUCK UP THE MACHINES. If they don't remove the abilty to network they trash something...
  5. Since yesterday I cannot login with windows pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since yesterday I cannot login with windows pin: Since yesterday I cannot login with my windows pin, checking the sign-in options i get a message saying "set up windows hello to change this setting", upon trying to set up windows hello, i get the following error code: 0x80090011 After doing some digging around in logs...
  6. Windows is forgetting all kind of passwords

Windows is forgetting all kind of passwords: Recently am facing a problem with my win 10 windows, after the latest update. Password in all programs is not being saved, such as: Microsoft Office G-mail One drive I-cloud I have to reenter all my password after closing the relevant program...
  7. Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgetting the password and can't login to safe mode: yesterday i i was trying to uninstall my display drivers with ddu, so i booted up in safe mode as it told me to, but for some reason both my microsoft account password and PIN doesn't work. I searched up tons of solutions online and none worked for me. bcbedit didnt work,...
  8. Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers forget passwords since 2004 update: Issue is the subject line. Since recently allowing my computer to install 2004, my browsers, primarily Opera and Vivaldi, tend to not remember passwords to commonly used sites. These are just generic sites like dpreview that I visit every day. I retype my passwords, they seem...
  9. forget password when login

forget password when login: after upgrade win10 1803 to 1903,it required me to input my microsoft account ,which is set 2 years ago! I forgot it already! so I went to live.comto reset my password , but, it still failed to login ! by the way,I was used to login by PIN,not account,...
  10. Why (the fuck) Win10 forget all my password all the time since the last update ?

Why (the fuck) Win10 forget all my password all the time since the last update ?: Hello MS-team ! I use Windows since the 3.11 version and since Windows XP , your update make me crasy.... It always did... How much work did I loose because of you fucking update impossible to disabled, it's impossible to say... (for example I'm working, windows tell me...