Windows 10: Sincere thanks

Discus and support Sincere thanks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is not a question seeking support, but I would like to express my sincere thanks to the persons here who so kindly assist people like me. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fortitude, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Fortitude Win User

Sincere thanks

This is not a question seeking support, but I would like to express my sincere thanks to the persons here who so kindly assist people like me. I have always found the help given to me to be genuine, courteous, unreserved and with a lot of patience. I could go on, but I think that you all know exactly what I mean. The wealth of information on this Forum is tremendous. What is even more tremendous is the willingness of the persons here to direct me and others like me to the proper solution every time.

:)

Fortitude, Aug 1, 2020

2. Sincere thanks to Microsoft

The following may sound sarcastic but I assure it is not... its the truth.

I want to sincerely thank Microsoft and all the techs who have worked there over the years for a great service at a reasonable price. I used all the operating systems there except Vista, which I refused after trying a mates version. Win 95 and 98. Then the
    great WinXP, and onto Win7 and 8, until finally ending up with win 10. This is where the happiness ends I am afraid. This is my story,

I got tired of the prompts and upgraded to win 10 on a 3 year old Gigabyte laptop (Q2532) unsuccessfully and after 3 sessions on LogmeIn with MS techs was told my laptop was too old and not suitable for win 10. That was their mistake... they thought they
    were dealing with an old grandma experimenting with computers for the first time lol. The problems were ... no display, no wifi and a few other niggles tolerable. So I reverted back to win7 but now even that was different and buggy (Norton not work for one)
    so luckily I restored a Ghost image I had just made before going to win 10. I lick my wounds and stay with win 7. withing 3 months win7 was bogging down after MS updates and becoming really buggy, especially with CPU usage, and I was forced to restore win7
    image about 3 times during this period compared to only once since new laptop. Eventually it became intolerable as the cpu overheats now... so I try win 10 again with the same results as before, but I was able to patch it myself and make it usable somewhat.
    Then a year later (now) after the last update, it starts using huge downloads and uploads without me choosing to. I checked with mu usage monitor and found MS using 200-300 mbs per day, and I only get 500 per day and use only a bit of browsing and emails,
    so I know its MS with win10. I fight agaist this for a few months before giving up and looking for alternatives. I had tried linux 5 years ago and not impressed, but hey, it cant be as bad as this right? So within a few hours I am up and running the new Linux
    Mint 18.2 and absolutely loving it. I never hear a peep out of my laptop now and before when my cpu was at 180 deg or more... now it runs at 120 steady and quiet as a mouse. I can't believe my good fortune and at last I am content... and its all free. Yes,
    its taken a few days to completely master it but now I am flying and even making my first disk images with Clonezilla. To tell you the truth, I cant sleep well because I am so excited thinking about it a lot. Soon I will sleep like a baby because all the past
    worries with my laptop are gone.

So in all honesty and sincerity I say thanks Microsoft for 20 years of good service in the past with most of your OS's that served me well, and thanks also for the win10 that is lacking too many things, because had win10 not come along in such bad condition...
    I would not have met Linux and fallen in love with it. Maybe in the future if things get better with your systems I may consider coming back in a smaller way, like a duel boot OS maybe. Wanna be good though.

And to those worried about missing programs in linux to satisfy your needs... so far I have found all I need with linux to do the same as windows.

Good luck Microsft; hope you can win back your loyal customers with a better product further down the track.

Sincerely... Mike

PS: I do still operate win10 on an old Dell desktop about 8 years old without a problem except for the excessive downloads. I just unplug the LAN when using it lol... or else it will take over my bandwidth.

mikeystrikey_1, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Outlander Win User
    Windows 10 display as Windows 7

That is beautiful....I sincerely hate to be a bother but could you maybe list the steps/programs you used to achieve your effects? That is exactly what I would like to have but I can't quite get there....Thank you!

Outlander, Aug 1, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Sincere thanks

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Sincere thanks :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Sincere thanks

1. Sincere thanks - Similar Threads - Sincere thanks

2. When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks: When I try to join a zoom session invite, it says it cannot find my camera.The video icon is barred. But when I click on it, it does not change.Previously this action enabled the video.The problem is recent.Thanks...
  3. When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to join a Zoom it says it cannot find my camera. How do I fix this? Thanks: When I try to join a zoom session invite, it says it cannot find my camera.The video icon is barred. But when I click on it, it does not change.Previously this action enabled the video.The problem is recent.Thanks...
  4. Thank you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thank you: Not really a question anymore because thanks to sunny A I believe who help me 10 minuets ago it has been resolved. I was not able to give thanks during the session or after in the feedback part because my computer had blacked out and when it came back on my issue was fixed,...
  5. Thank you

Thank you: Not really a question anymore because thanks to sunny A I believe who help me 10 minuets ago it has been resolved. I was not able to give thanks during the session or after in the feedback part because my computer had blacked out and when it came back on my issue was fixed,...
  6. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  7. Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!

Hello, can you help me to recognize this critical problem as error log describe? Thank you!: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WinREAgent" Guid="{1f7a6c55-5532-573b-35b7-2107e43a6ef5}" /> <EventID>4502</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  8. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.: "Provides enabling services for storage settings and external storage expansion" "StorSvc" I can't find much details on this, its generic name makes searching the internet especially harder. It would be nice to know more on the specifics behind its job with storage. Thank...
  9. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.: "Provides enabling services for storage settings and external storage expansion" "StorSvc" I can't find much details on this, its generic name makes searching the internet especially harder. It would be nice to know more on the specifics behind its job with storage. Thank...
  10. 'Storage Service' - the windows service, what exactly does it do? Thanks.

in Windows 10 Customization