Windows 10: Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

Discus and support Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Currently in our testing environment, one IIS site out of two intermittently asks for credentials. Our monitoring responds with 401 errors believe due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alex Geee, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Alex Geee Win User

Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

Currently in our testing environment, one IIS site out of two intermittently asks for credentials. Our monitoring responds with 401 errors believe due to login prompt - shown below: shortenedGET / - 80 - Microsoft+Monitoring+Agent+7.1.10184.0 - 401 2 5 0Both sites are configured for SSO, the other site works fine all the time, even while the affected site is having issues.This issue is intermittent - occurred 2 days out of 7 this week.We currently have a workaround of restarting only the affected site, which then allows users to access via SSO, and we even have an automated task for this

:)

Alex Geee, Jun 20, 2022

2. Constant sign-ins on all sites

Hmm. So 2 step verification adds another step to the process but once you have completed the entry, does this stop the next time and are passwords remembered? When I use Chrome and go too the sites I mention, I am in without entering a password. They are remembered. This site still asks me to sign in but I click on the login line and that's it. MSN has 3 windows to get thru on FF. Yahoo has just one as my user name is remembered but I have to click on the password to gain entry. None of these sites remember - only when on Chrome. Such a pain. Thanks for input.

patriceltic, Jun 20, 2022
  3. How to force IE 11 to ask for saving credentials again for just one site after having accidentally sellect not to remember password for that particular site

1. Most website passwords aren't in Credential Manager, but is this site listed in Credential Manager?

2. If you go to the sign in page and enter the first letter (or try all letters) of the username in the name field, do you get a drop-down AutoComplete list?

3. Do you have all website passwords backed up? Having the Credential Vault backed up doesn't count.

4. Would you be willing to clear all passwords if you had them available so that you could simply manually sign in to every website and have that login info remembered by Internet Explorer?

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 20, 2022
  4. Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

Error: "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again" on Windows 10

Hi Irish,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If
    you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Change the settings in Windows Credentials.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Credential Manager icon.
    • Select Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager.
    • Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed
      MicrosoftAccount:user= (Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account.
    • Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove.
    • Click on Yes to confirm.
    • Sign out from the current user account, sign in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of verifying the user account credentials for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

1. Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials - Similar Threads - Sing Sign ISS

2. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  3. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  4. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials: Currently in our testing environment, one IIS site out of two intermittently asks for credentials. Our monitoring responds with 401 errors believe due to login prompt - shown below: shortenedGET / - 80 - Microsoft+Monitoring+Agent+7.1.10184.0 - 401 2 5 0Both sites are...
  6. Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sing Sign-On ISS 6.2 - One of two sites Intermittently asking for credentials: Currently in our testing environment, one IIS site out of two intermittently asks for credentials. Our monitoring responds with 401 errors believe due to login prompt - shown below: shortenedGET / - 80 - Microsoft+Monitoring+Agent+7.1.10184.0 - 401 2 5 0Both sites are...
  7. ISSE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ISSE: THE SPEKER IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isse/7eaf891c-497a-40b7-ae86-5b61a79b36a2
  8. One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One of 2 monitors goes off intermittently: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836 One of my 2 PC monitors has just started going off intermittently. When it goes off it stays off typically about 30 seconds and comes back for a few minutes. It has done this once or twice before buy many many weeks ago and previously many...
  9. sing in to one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    sing in to one drive: when I try to sing in to one drive it always gives me the message there was a problem connecting to one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sing-in-to-one-drive/72d93409-8e3a-48d5-af0c-8e02b0ed5b48
  10. Intermittent Network Credentials Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent Network Credentials Error: Hi. Thanks in advance for any help. I have an intermittent problem with connecting to my NAS. We have a small business with 4 desktops + 2 laptops and the NAS is a file server. The desktops are connected by ethernet cable. The laptops are wifi. The desktops and laptops...