Windows 10: Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh.

Discus and support Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I'm configuring a kiosk for an aviation museum and the goal is to display flightradar24.com to a specific location. The goal is to let users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelHawryluk, May 13, 2022.

1. Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh.

Hi,I'm configuring a kiosk for an aviation museum and the goal is to display flightradar24.com to a specific location. The goal is to let users interact with the real time map but after 5 mins of inactivity I want the website to return back to the same place, which all works fine ... but automatically signs out of the FR24 profile on refresh.The problem I'm having: upon 5 mins of inactivity, the website refreshes, and the kiosk is signs out of the business profile which I can't have. I want the website to stay signed into the profile.Any suggestions?Thanks,Mike

:)

MichaelHawryluk, May 13, 2022

2. Kiosk mode Single-app with Edge and screensaver with pictures. Website not connected after more than 10 min screensaver time

Hi All

I have a Windows tablet (win 10 version 1809), running kiosk mode - Single-app with Edge.

Edge is connecting to a secure web-page and works perfectly!

My issue is with the screensaver with pictures:

When the screensaver starts after inactivity for eks. 5 min:

Following is happening:

-The website TCP connection disconnects (Fine)

-The screensaver starts show pictures. (fine)

If I activate the tablet after 2 min following happens:

- The Screensaver stops (fine)

- Edge starts (fine)

- Website is connected (fine)

- Website is loaded and works (fine)

If I activate the tablet after 10 min or more following happens:

- The Screensaver stops (fine)

- Edge starts (fine)

- Website is not connected (WRONG)

- Edge shows a white screen and not able to make refresh/reload

- If I wait till screensaver starts again and then activate tablet-The connection is made and website is loaded...

If choose a screensaver with Geometric I do not have any problem and the website is loaded, even after 10 min of screensaver time...

I have tried to set inactivity timer when kiosk mode in GPO, with no success..

Anyone with a good idea for whats going on?

Regards

***Moved from All other issues/Windows 10***

LasseWolpold, May 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 13, 2022
  4. kels83 Win User

Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh.

Windows 10 Single-Apps Kiosk mode Edge with camera not working

Hi, I been headache for this long time, i can't find a solution that kiosk with multi-apps without Intune.

I just need

1. Web Browser (Edge) due to need to use camera (UWP)

2. Web Cam (Camera)

3. Printing

The single app kiosk is just perfect but it went into problem while browsing file attach with Camera (UWP)

*Error Message - We can't open Microsoft.WindowsCamera... your organization has block it

maybe this is so call single apps mode, but the printing is just work fine.

really appreciate someone that able to help me out on this.

Regards,

Kelvin

kels83, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh.

1. Single app kiosk mode MS Edge to stay signed into website after 5 min refresh. - Similar Threads - Single app kiosk

2. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  3. Kiosk mode & MS Edge Saved Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk mode & MS Edge Saved Password: We currently have a PC on Kiosk mode that logs into windows automatically and then opens up the website we have set it to. Every morning we then have to manually log the website in and then the public will use it all day with out an issue. In then afternoon we then turn this...
  4. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  5. Single App Kiosk or What?

Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  6. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  7. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  8. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

9. Windows 10 Single-Apps Kiosk mode Edge with camera not working

Windows 10 Single-Apps Kiosk mode Edge with camera not working: Hi, I been headache for this long time, i can't find a solution that kiosk with multi-apps without Intune. I just need 1. Web Browser Edge due to need to use camera UWP 2. Web Cam Camera 3. Printing The single app kiosk is just perfect but it went into problem while...
  10. screen stays in restarting mode for 5 min exactly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen stays in restarting mode for 5 min exactly: Hello, I am facing a new issue, I do not understand whats that. when I press restart option then pc goes to restart and the screen showing restarting stays for 5 mins exactly and the after 5 min the Lenovo logo appears then the other transition came into play. and if I sum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com