Windows 10: Single App Kiosk or What?

Discus and support Single App Kiosk or What? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JRossJarvis, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Single App Kiosk or What?

Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account and sign in without password, also the admin account should show at boot but require password.The other thing I want to do is limit it to one application, Citrix, which will require them to log in using their username and credentials.I thought this would be an easy project, but apparently it's a lot more complicated than

:)

JRossJarvis, Apr 14, 2022

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 14, 2022
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode issue

Hello Ashley, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you follow the steps from the article ‘Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues’

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Alternatively, try to remove and then reinstall the Kiosk account. Please, follow the steps provided below:

1. Open Settings, locate Accounts, then Family & other people.

2. Tap on Assigned access that is under Setup a kiosk option.

3. Find Kiosk info and click on the account name, then tap on Remove kiosk.

4. Press Remove.

Once done, refer to the article on how to set up a single-app kiosk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/config...

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Apr 14, 2022
  4. Single App Kiosk or What?

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through:

1. Open settings
    2. Click on Accounts
    3. Click on Family & other users
    4. Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option
    5. Click Get started and follow the steps
    The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted to quickly test it. After testing, I wanted to remove the KIOSK account, but when I click on the KIOSK account and click remove
    it only shows a spinning loading symbol, only to either lock up
    settings
    after a few minutes or tell me that it didn't work. I also tried to remove it through the powershell with clear-AssignedAccess
    but that also just locks up after a few minutes and gives me an error that says that there is not real error.

All of this is attempted as an administrator, without any other accounts logged in.

A screenshot to give some more insight:

Single App Kiosk or What? [​IMG]

MarcelKolenbrander, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Single App Kiosk or What?

1. Single App Kiosk or What? - Similar Threads - Single App Kiosk

2. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  3. Windows Single App Kiosk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Single App Kiosk: HI All,Can some one please help how can enable Auto Refresh a website launched in single app kiosk mode under assigned access mode.It should refresh website without logging out user.any help would be appreciated.RegardsVikas KUmar...
  4. Remote Desktop wont run on single app kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop wont run on single app kiosk mode: Hi Team I have an issue on remote desktop app in single app kiosk mode, even the policy successfully applied and the application installed via Microsoft store the application wont run in kiosk mode. FYI. other executable app is working. I hope that you can help me with my...
  5. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  6. Single App Kiosk or What?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single App Kiosk or What?: Hello all,I need a bit of help.I am setting up a PC that's used for A/V at my company, I want the machine to automatically log in or at least not require a password for basic user account,The name of the account is "VizRoom-PC"I would like users to be able to see this account...
  7. UWP Single App Kiosk - Activate Online Speech Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP Single App Kiosk - Activate Online Speech Recognition: Hi, Has someone an idea about how to activate Online Speech Recognition on a Single-App Kiosk account ? I would like to activate it to be able to use the Touch Keyboard Speech-to-Text option on my UWP app. Regards, Nicsi....
  8. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access: I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through: Open settings Click on Accounts Click on Family & other users Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option Click Get started and follow the steps The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted...
  9. Windows 10 Single-Apps Kiosk mode Edge with camera not working

Windows 10 Single-Apps Kiosk mode Edge with camera not working: Hi, I been headache for this long time, i can't find a solution that kiosk with multi-apps without Intune. I just need 1. Web Browser Edge due to need to use camera UWP 2. Web Cam Camera 3. Printing The single app kiosk is just perfect but it went into problem while...
  10. Issue with Windows 10 Single App Kiosk mode not re-loading

Issue with Windows 10 Single App Kiosk mode not re-loading: Hello, I'm starting to switch over to the new single app kiosk mode in Windows 10 with assigned access. The page loads fine when the machine is first turned on but after exiting the sessions I get a new browser that comes up flickers the words "blank page"in the top left. It...