Windows 10: Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help

Discus and support Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I love single click to open. However, hover time is actually slower than me double-clicking on icon to open. I adjusted this setting so far and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevef22, Dec 12, 2020.

1. stevef22 Win User

Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help

I love single click to open. However, hover time is actually slower than me double-clicking on icon to open.

I adjusted this setting so far and no change.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse (DWORD) MouseHoverTime = <ms>

Any other settign Im missing? I want it to hightlight instantly after hovering over desktop icon. So single click is instant.

Thank you.

Found this here but no help
    Mouse Hover Time - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

:)

stevef22, Dec 12, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Registry keys and DWORDs for Windows 10 personalization

With prev win releases we, users, had a wide range of options for personalizing themes. Yet we almost lost controls of how the system looks with Win10 release. Since we updated to w10 we've been forced to choose from a pretty meager list of options.

Last year I used to set my w8.1 up to some sort of grey-ish theme and new OS took my previously used theme but somehow it looks rediculous: it adopted some ugly white frames here and there. And there is no (no surprise here, dear MS) user-friendly way to
    fix it.

But as my younger brother dicovered ealier today there is a hidden one - using a Registry Editor.

There are two options to me now: i can make it myself or i can let a 10 year old kid to make it for me as a weekend project.

I do understand that editing registry is dangerous and can potentionally harm the system.

With that in mind i'd like to know if there is some list of registry keys and DWORDs available?

Thx,

Vb

VolodyaBird, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help

Cant Edit or Write to Registry

I have been working with windows 10 X64 PRO for a little bit now. I can still not figure out why my scripts (.vbs) or .exe that I push to or use on my domain machines will not edit or create keys in the registry. The only way i can do it is to full kill UAC then reboot then make changes then turn it back on then reboot again. Listed below our the UAC settings we have set for our select few windows 10 machines. We have UAC fully off in windows 7, but it is needed in windows 10 to have apps run. So i am kinda stuck in the middle.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000000
    "EnableInstallerDetection"=dword:00000000
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000001
    "EnableSecureUIAPaths"=dword:00000000
    "EnableUIADesktopToggle"=dword:00000000
    "EnableVirtualization"=dword:00000001
    "PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000001
    "ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000
    "FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000000
    "NoConnectedUser"=dword:00000003
    "MSAOptional"=dword:00000001
    "SoftwareSASGeneration"=dword:00000001

Can you guys help figure out what i need to do so i can make registry change on the fly. This going to be a big deal breaker for us to move to Windows 10 if i can not change values. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

Couchcommander, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help

1. Single click hover time edit in registry DWORD, Please help - Similar Threads - Single click hover

2. PLEASE HELP - Windows 10 not booting after attempting to edit registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP - Windows 10 not booting after attempting to edit registry: So I’m an avid musician and gamer and I use my PC for both of those endeavors. Unfortunately, while trying to clear up space for games on my C: drive, i deleted all of my music files. I was transferring them to my D: drive, and then realized it would be too much work/time for...
  3. PLEASE HELP - Windows 10 not booting after attempting to edit registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP - Windows 10 not booting after attempting to edit registry: So I’m an avid musician and gamer and I use my PC for both of those endeavors. Unfortunately, while trying to clear up space for games on my C: drive, i deleted all of my music files. I was transferring them to my D: drive, and then realized it would be too much work/time for...
  4. PLEASE HELP - Windows 10 not booting after attempting to edit registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  6. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  7. Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!

Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!: I have tried the two suggestions found on this site. 1) Settings, check ClickLock (I still have no idea why that's supposed to help but I selected it) 2) Control Panel, confirm that 'Activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse' is unchecked. It hasn't helped. Windows...
  8. Please help if you can. How to edit FOLDER tooltips in the registry.

Please help if you can. How to edit FOLDER tooltips in the registry.: I have already inquired about this in the past, but I can't seem to get a response from anyone. I would really appreciate some help with this please *Smile. In order to customize which fields/properties are displayed in the tooltips for any given file type you can edit the...
  9. Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Edit in registry = no log in prompt/safe mode only!! Help please: Hello my windows 10 laptop was being fixed by a agent through remote control access they asked me to delete a USB driver folder in my registry upon restarting my log in has been missing the restore and reset options fail but recognize a key is missin safe mode is he...
  10. Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time: About a month ago my mouse started double clicking. Its random, like 20% of my clicks act as a double click. Tested with logitech g9, steelseries sensei and razer naga, so its definitely not a hw issue. Did clean win install with the lastest drivers, firmwares, and win...