Windows 10: Single Click is Opening Application

Discus and support Single Click is Opening Application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before in order to open any application on the desktop we use to double click, now after Windows 10 update, when I click just once to select it on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex878914, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Single Click is Opening Application

Before in order to open any application on the desktop we use to double click, now after Windows 10 update, when I click just once to select it on the desktop, it is opening the application. How to revert back to previous settings, please help

:)

Alex878914, Nov 19, 2020
  2. tdehan Win User

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Nov 19, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Single Click is Opening Application

How: Open Two Application

How: Open Two Application

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? example... I want to open two Utorrent... another example.... I want to open two CCleaner.

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? If so.... how?

HiddenStupid, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Single Click is Opening Application

1. Single Click is Opening Application - Similar Threads - Single Click Opening

2. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  3. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  4. single click to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  5. single click to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  6. single click to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click

Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click: Have a Windows 10 Pro laptop, all updates are current. I set my system to single click on for mouse. Restart the system and it goes back to double click settings. Have tried several times now and it keeps happening. This is a fresh installation of W10 in last couple weeks....
  8. Applications opening with one click

Applications opening with one click: Hello, since a recent update to Windows 10, I've noticed that all my applications open with one click. Also, emails within Outlook 365 also open just by selecting an email to preview. I've gone into File Explorer and made sure option to "Double click " was still selected....
  9. single click

single click: I am trying to change my settings on Microsoft 10 to be able to not have to double-click, but single click only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/single-click/b893ac61-55a1-4c3e-8d2d-6c2e3bd3bc09
  10. Single click open won't disengage

in Windows 10 Support
    Single click open won't disengage: I am helping a friend transfer her files from her old laptop to a new one. Everything is done but she changed it to one click opening. While helping her with the reinstallation of her programs and data I found the single click open being confusing so I went to control...