Windows 10: [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Discus and support [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I need help with the way my mouse behaves :) On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarekWarejko, Jun 7, 2019.

1. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Hello all,

I need help with the way my mouse behaves [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. :)
    On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it.

On my currect PC this doen't work. I chose single click mode, and when I click on a file once it opens as expected, but it NEVER GETS SELECTED by hovering on it.

Any ideas how can I solve it, please?

Many thanks

Marek.

:)

MarekWarejko, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Surya's Win User

Network mode selection not selectable

Why my Lumia 928 not showing global mode or LTE/CDMA modes in cellular mode selection list

Surya's, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Mouse selecting everything

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you follow the methods below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2 : Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available touchpad drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And, also install all the drivers from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

[Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

1. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. - Similar Threads - Single click mode

2. SELECTION CLICK

in Windows 10 Customization
    SELECTION CLICK: Good evening community, a few days ago that when I open any tab of Google or any program and click, I get a selection box like the white box in the image. Is there any way to remove that? [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder: Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in multiple windows....and it's very annoying.. can't do anything with the laptop and some issues with the keyboard occurs when this...
  4. Files selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files selection: Something changed with Windows and is really bugging me. I usually have my folders under list view - when selecting files, the area of the highlighted files are much wider than previously see picture below. Does anyone know how to get the old file selection back?? Thank...
  5. Desktop selection window consists of points?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop selection window consists of points?: When I hold down the mouse pointer and then drag, the blue window doesn't appear as usual, but this strange dotted window. How can I change that back? [ATTACH] Desktopauswahlfenster besteht aus Punkten?
  6. Triple Click does not select the whole line

Triple Click does not select the whole line: I am new in Win10. I've found that mouse triple-click does not work in windows explorer. For example then I want to select the whole route of a file in the file explorer "adress bar". Double click select a word, but triple click just selects-deselects the word. I have to end...
  7. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?: I use single-click on dolphin in KDE but on Windows 10 it also enables some sort of hover to select (I prefer CTRL) How do I disable it? I also checked if the setting was enabled in Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use it wasn't. submitted...
  8. Selective sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Selective sleep mode.: Selective sleep mode. Windows 10 Pro 64bit, winver: 18362.356: For the past 25 plus days all our devices have experienced a problem with sleep mode. Starting the devices and allowing all our apps/programs to load and then work uninterrupted…the devices will go into sleep...
  9. Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected

Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected: When I initially click and drag to select text, then release the left mouse in preparation for the next step, whatever that might be, the highlighting disappears. This happens repeatedly, in Word, on the Internet, in Excel, in OneNote, wherever on the computer since the...
  10. File Selection not obeying setting selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Selection not obeying setting selection: I am on a Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit laptop. In Explorer, I have my file settings to open with DOUBLE click. (Single click to select). But every time I go to select a file or more than one file., they all start opening with a single click. What the heck have I missed? This...