Windows 10: [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Discus and support [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, I need help with the way my mouse behaves :) On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it. On my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarekWarejko, Jun 7, 2019.

1. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Hello all,

I need help with the way my mouse behaves [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. :)
    On my previous PC I used to use single click mode, where pointing a file selects it.

On my currect PC this doen't work. I chose single click mode, and when I click on a file once it opens as expected, but it NEVER GETS SELECTED by hovering on it.

Any ideas how can I solve it, please?

Many thanks

Marek.

:)

MarekWarejko, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Surya's Win User

Network mode selection not selectable

Why my Lumia 928 not showing global mode or LTE/CDMA modes in cellular mode selection list

Surya's, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Mouse Button Selection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Please share the details.

• Are you facing similar with another app as well?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I would suggest to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware troubleshooter

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:
    update drivers

I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Method 3:Compatibility mode

If issue still persist suggest install latest available driver from manufacturer's website. If there are no windows 10 drivers then install the available driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 7, 2019
  4. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

Mouse selecting everything

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you follow the methods below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2 : Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available touchpad drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And, also install all the drivers from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

[Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file.

1. [Single click mode] Point to select does not select a file. - Similar Threads - Single click mode

2. Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Selected text does not stay selected: When I initially click and drag to select text, then release the left mouse in preparation for the next step, whatever that might be, the highlighting disappears. This happens repeatedly, in Word, on the Internet, in Excel, in OneNote, wherever on the computer since the...
  3. Files in File Explorer are not selected

Files in File Explorer are not selected: Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to...
  4. File Selection not obeying setting selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Selection not obeying setting selection: I am on a Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit laptop. In Explorer, I have my file settings to open with DOUBLE click. (Single click to select). But every time I go to select a file or more than one file., they all start opening with a single click. What the heck have I missed? This...
  5. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...
  6. Right click context menu selection does not fade in win 10

Right click context menu selection does not fade in win 10: When I right click and make a selection , the item does not disappear after the action ( Just like this - https://i.stack.imgur.com/WFaIk.png ). I have to log out and login to make it disappear. Is there any way to resolve this issue ?...
  7. Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone

Right Click Mouse Select All Files Gone: I switched from Vista to 10. I am very happy with Win10. Except this is driving me nutcakes: I used to be able to right click on the space in a folder and choose from the pop menu "select all." It is an instant grab of every file in that folder. I have done file selection...
  8. File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection: Not sure if this is an annoying bug that everyone knows about by now, but I'm hoping there's a setting or registry value I've overlooked. Here is how to reproduce and some loverly pictures. 1. Open File Explorer to a folder with multiple files and select one with left...
  9. Sort files in selected folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort files in selected folders: Hi, i sort files by opening the folder then right click sort by name(descending) is there a way when i select several folders to sort the files in each folder by name(descending) in one click? 81188
  10. Windows10 running in selective mode vs. normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 running in selective mode vs. normal mode: There have been many posts on the internet about why Windows10 runs in selective mode and will not run in normal mode. Here is the reason, when loading a driver other than one Windows has determined is the best it changes the Windows configuration mode from normal to...