Windows 10: Single click open won't disengage

Discus and support Single click open won't disengage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am helping a friend transfer her files from her old laptop to a new one. Everything is done but she changed it to one click opening. While helping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lenberman, Sep 18, 2018.

1. lenberman Win User

Single click open won't disengage

I am helping a friend transfer her files from her old laptop to a new one. Everything is done but she changed it to one click opening. While helping her with the reinstallation of her programs and data I found the single click open being confusing so I went to control panel/folders/view and changed it to double-click to open. The problem is, it will not revert back to double-click to open. I can't stop the one click open, even though the computer indicates it is set to double-click opening. Please help, I'm starting to wonder if she got a "lemon."
    Len

:)

lenberman, Sep 18, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 18, 2018
  4. stefanlee Win User

5800 Xpress, podcasting won´t open! Aaargh

So it has happened twice, that the podcasting feature simply won´t open. No probs with radio or music player, but the podcaster just blinks and nothing more. I´ve done two hard resets (wich worked) but I don´t like to have to redo EVERYTHING when it happens.

Why does my phone act this way?

/Stefan

stefanlee, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Single click open won't disengage - Similar Threads - Single click open

2. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  3. Problem with single click to open apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with single click to open apps.: I recently decided to try out Win 11. I really love and hate the single click to open programs. If I hover over something in file explorer, it changes the name of my file like I clicked on it. This has been an extremely annoying side effect of this feature. Are there any...
  4. single click to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  5. single click to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  6. single click to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click

Single Click Setting not Staying on Single Click: Have a Windows 10 Pro laptop, all updates are current. I set my system to single click on for mouse. Restart the system and it goes back to double click settings. Have tried several times now and it keeps happening. This is a fresh installation of W10 in last couple weeks....
  8. Single Click is Opening Application

Single Click is Opening Application: Before in order to open any application on the desktop we use to double click, now after Windows 10 update, when I click just once to select it on the desktop, it is opening the application. How to revert back to previous settings, please help...
  9. single click

single click: I am trying to change my settings on Microsoft 10 to be able to not have to double-click, but single click only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/single-click/b893ac61-55a1-4c3e-8d2d-6c2e3bd3bc09
  10. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: How to: Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open...