Windows 10: Single click suddenly becoming double click

Discus and support Single click suddenly becoming double click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried various mouse and uninstall all mouse drivers and various other fixes but the problem still exists. It only started few days ago when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dissidentrhetoric, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Single click suddenly becoming double click

I have tried various mouse and uninstall all mouse drivers and various other fixes but the problem still exists.

It only started few days ago when I applied some updates.

This was a known issue affecting many people a few years ago but was fixed but it appears to have come back again and it is a major issue.

When single clicking it does a double click.

Anyone else just start having this issue as well?

I have put my money on this update causing the problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4530684/windows-10-update-kb4530684

submitted by /u/dissidentrhetoric
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dissidentrhetoric, Dec 17, 2019

2. Making the mouse double click when I single click,

Hi Miro,

There are a couple of things we can do to solve your concern. We suggest to follow the steps below:

• Type Specify single- or double-click to open in the search box, then press
      Enter.
    • Look for Click item as follows, then select the radio button that says
      Single-click to open an item (point to select).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Single click suddenly becoming double click 96486103-3555-41f9-842c-109755ed02ca.png

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Dec 17, 2019
  3. timshaw1 Win User
    How to switch single tap for a single click to a double tap for a single click???

Thanks for the quick response but this is double clicking - not double tapping. Do you know how to perform the function of a double click with a double tap??

timshaw1, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Single click suddenly becoming double click

Mouse (USB) double clicks on single click

We apologize for the confusion. This issue might be related to the File Explorer settings. To correct this, follow these steps:

• Type file explorer options on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the Click items as follows, make sure that you opted for
      Double-click to open an item(single-click to select).
    • Select Apply and click OK.

Please check if the issue persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Single click suddenly becoming double click

1. Single click suddenly becoming double click - Similar Threads - Single click suddenly

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  5. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep

Mouse Double-Clicks on Single Click After Sleep: Very strange and specific issue. Specifically every time I wake the PC up from sleep, the mouse double clicks on single inputs. The only solution is to unplug and reconnect the usb. Issue occurs on Windows 10 x64....
  7. Is there a way to convert single click→ double click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to convert single click→ double click: I'm doing a pretty tedious project on chrome where I need to double click to open something and confirm. Is there a way (chrome extension or windows 10 app) I can turn this into only single clicking (like something I can turn on and off) *I am not asking about the double...
  8. Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click: Win 10 Pro Workstation Intel Xeon, 16Gb, 2x500Gb SSD - Computer 2 months old. - All updates and patches via Windows and Dell Support Assistant When I single click on a menu button, radio button, menu item, or check box it acts as if I've double clicked. So if its a...
  9. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...