Windows 10: Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

Discus and support Single/double-click to open file in Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Derwood21, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Derwood21 Win User

Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the old trick of 'turn it off, turn it on again', I tried opting for single-click, intending to then go back to double-click but this option has been disabled. I have searched forums for answers and although there seem to be very few people experiencing the same issue all the answers refer to the Group Policy Editor. I have tried following the steps to install this on the Home edition but have so far had no success.

Single/double-click to open file in Explorer b3b046ec-97a7-4877-a3dd-cfda74af3798?upload=true.png

:)

Derwood21, Jul 9, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

P4-630, Jul 9, 2020
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Single-click or double-click?

Yes.

4. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

Mouse (USB) double clicks on single click

We apologize for the confusion. This issue might be related to the File Explorer settings. To correct this, follow these steps:

• Type file explorer options on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the Click items as follows, make sure that you opted for
      Double-click to open an item(single-click to select).
    • Select Apply and click OK.

Please check if the issue persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

1. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer - Similar Threads - Single double click

2. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  3. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  4. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  5. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?: Just what the question says. I'm in Windows Explorer, WIndows 10 21H2, OS Build 19044.2846 . Corporate license. I see an old question from 2014 about the same thing happening for Excel files. These are Excel files as well, . I want to select and drag to move a bunch of files....
  6. Why are files opening on a single click when setting is to open on double click?

7. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  8. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  9. double clicking on a file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  10. Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10: How to: Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open...