Windows 10: Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder

Discus and support Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am a musician and for decades I've been sending songs in AOL emails as an mp3 attachment - without problems. Now something has gone wrong. I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mayfly1066, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder

I am a musician and for decades I've been sending songs in AOL emails as an mp3 attachment - without problems.

Now something has gone wrong.

I can still attach and send the song as normal.

But when I check my 'sent' copy, the attachment has changed name from the song title to my entire document file name.

It wont double click to open as usual. I have to open in a 'new tab' then command it to open.

When it opens, I've got my entire song filing cabinet of 80+ songs instead of just the one song I attached.

Here are the things I've tried to fix it so far. All Failed.

* Changed Browser from Edge to Chrome.
    * Opened an email account with Gmail and sent songs to myself.
    * Gone into 'Customise Folder' and Reset Default.
    * Sent a test song attachment to a nearby relative. Same thing happens - entire folder.
    * Contacted AOL Tech Help. (Appalling.) Sent round in circles by robots.

I've run out of ideas and patience.
    Any help will be very gratefully received.

Acer V3-571 Laptop. Windows 10. Aol. Edge.

John.

NB. I have to send two songs to a well known singer by end of February. (Welsh diva.)
    I cant send them without sending her every song on my computer - which I cannot do.

:)

mayfly1066, Feb 21, 2020

2. Sending 3D created files as an email attachment

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually, the 3D files saved from Mixed reality viewer or Paint 3D will be saved in the folder 3D Objects on the PC.

Since you want to send the 3D file that you created as an email attachment, you can do it by going to the email app you are using and attach the file by locating the 3D objects folder. Follow the steps to locate the 3D objects folder while attaching
    the 3D file.

1. Click on the Attachment option on the email app.
    2. Now on the attachment window locate This PC on the left hand side pane.
    3. The 3D Objects folder will be under Folders on the right hand side pane.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 21, 2020
  3. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder

You can now send emails as attachments in Google Gmail

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Send emails as attachments in Gmail

Brink, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder

1. Single Email Attachment Sends The Entire Folder - Similar Threads - Single Email Attachment

2. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  3. Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot attaching folders to emails: I have Windows 11 on a 3 year old laptop, and can no longer attach folders in gmail, outlook or yahoo mail. I can only attach items in the folder individually. I tried restarting and cleaning out unwanted emails. I also have transferred file folders onto a external hard drive...
  4. can't send emails with attachments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't send emails with attachments: I'm trying to send an email with an attachment and I keep getting the message: "Message could not be sent. check your network and try again" Last night I had the same problem. Earlier today it was working fine. Messages I send without attachments work fine. My system is...
  5. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  6. Trying to attach a single photo or document to email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to attach a single photo or document to email: When I scan and save a document or photo and then attempt to email that photo or document to another, the receiver of my photo or document is given an option in the left upper corner to view my entire photo collection. Please help me send a single document or photo?...
  7. Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty Sending Outlook Emails with Attachments: When I last tried to send Outlook messages with attachments, they would just stick in the Outbox so I have just had to resort to using Gmail for them. How do I overcome this problem please as I prefer Outlook? My OS is Windows 10 Version 1903. David 154100
  8. Sending attachments

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sending attachments: Anytime I try to send or receive a photo i get the message the this attachment may contain a dangerous virus so windows has decided to shut the attachment why. My Norton tells me there are no viruses in my system so why is Microsoft telling me otherwise...
  9. Windows 10. Unable to send email with attachment.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10. Unable to send email with attachment.: Cannot send email with attachments in Windiws 10. Using Icloud. rcvd error message from Windows advising could not send but no reason giving....
  10. Attachments not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attachments not sending: Hi there Why is it that sometimes my attachments don't send to the recipients even when I've double checked that they're there before hitting send? How can I prevent this from hapenning? Kit...