Windows 10: Single jack headset with undetected mic

Discus and support Single jack headset with undetected mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a single jack headset with a built-in microphone. There is only a single jack but there are 2 ports. So is there any way to get the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wouze, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Wouze Win User

Single jack headset with undetected mic

So I got a single jack headset with a built-in microphone. There is only a single jack but there are 2 ports. So is there any way to get the audio output and the microphone to work at the same time properly? without buying a cable adapter?

:)

Wouze, Sep 10, 2021

2. Microphone not detected in combo mic/headset with single 3.55mm jack

I have a combo mic/headset with single 3.55mm jack to plug into my tower. The PC has separate inputs for speakers and microphone. When plugging the single jack I have into either input only that part of the combo headset works. In other words, if I plug
    the only jack I have into the speaker jack I can hear through the earpieces but my microphone remains "disabled" or otherwise undetected. If I plug the only jack I have into the microphone, I am assuming it is detected, but since I can't hear, I have't determined
    that for sure. I have no other speakers; neither built-ins or accessories. So I can't just plug into the mic jack and listen through built-ins as there are none. I do NOT want to buy a splitter as the only ones I can find are 3.55mm female to dual-RCA male
    converters. Additionally I know there is a way to tell the single jack to recognize both.

CadaiaLake, Sep 10, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Sep 10, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

3.5 mm Headset Jacks (Headset and Mic Jack) not registering.

Hello TovahWulf,

Thank you for updating me that information. I'm sorry it didn't resolve the issue.

What is your current Windows version and edition? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

Your headset used a 3.5mm single jack plug on your computer? with 2 audio ports(1 for headset -green and mic - red) You're using a audio splitter?

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Single jack headset with undetected mic - Similar Threads - Single jack headset

2. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  3. Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop isn't detecting headset mic if plugged in with 3.5mm jack: I have a Razer Headset that came with a usb adapter but if I plug in the adapter in my usb hub it doesn't work, But I can get sound if I plug it in the 3.5mm port but it doesn't detect my mic and I don't have a extra usb A port in my laptop. Is there a way I can still use the...
  4. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  5. headset mic on 3.5 jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset mic on 3.5 jack not working: I bought recently a HP 255 G7 running windows 11 and after a while I found out that the headset mic/audio-in on 3.5 jack is not working. The audio-out is working fine. I have tried many different headsets, tried win11/HP assistance troubleshooters etc, but the issue still...
  6. Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones: The only input device that could be the headset is the Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio- if it is not, then my laptop is not recognising microphones at all I have been testing my laptop with two headsets- one with a single audio jack and USB for LED, and the other with two...
  7. My device won't detect a single headset mic

My device won't detect a single headset mic: Every headset I've plugged into my laptop has had a mic, and that mic does not show up in device manager, or anywhere else in settings. The only thing there is the default Realtek speaker and mic. I've looked at other forum posts as well and nothing's working. I know the...
  8. Headset Microphone undetectable

Headset Microphone undetectable: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop and I have a Razer Kraken headset with a single aux connection on it. It has a microphone on it but my laptop only recognises it as an output. The microphone is not listed as a device in device manager so I can't roll back any drivers...
  9. 3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm Headset Jacks Headset and Mic Jack not registering.: Hello everyone, I recently bought some new headphones for my gaming PC MSI gaming plus motherboard, and I've done literally everything to try and solve it, but nothing is working. I've updated my bios, I've gone into Device Properties, Device Manager, Sound testing,...
  10. Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...

Headset, inputting mic and headset jacks through headphone splitter. Not working on this...: Using microphone and headphones from same input through a headphone splitter. Works on different laptop, but doesn't work on my newer one because of Realtek not having an option to apply both at same time my other laptop doesn't have Realtek My device: Strix 17 GL703GE...