Windows 10: Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work

Discus and support Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I found that one of the 3.0 ports no longer works. Like if I plug something in, it's clearly getting power but that is it. The devices don't work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WarrenMitchell4, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work

I found that one of the 3.0 ports no longer works. Like if I plug something in, it's clearly getting power but that is it. The devices don't work on it. Which means I have only 2 3.0 ports I can use instead of 3.

:)

WarrenMitchell4, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Aug 7, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 7, 2021
  4. flamer Win User

Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work

1. Single Laptop USB Port Doesn't Work - Similar Threads - Single Laptop USB

2. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  3. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  4. USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stops working + Laptop doesn't want to turn itself off: Hi there!I've been recently struggling with one particular issue connected to my laptop. I've been using Active USB Hub from Amazon Amazon Basics but I'm not sure it's connected to it as all ports seems to be somehow disconnecting from my laptop after the issue occurs.Let me...
  5. USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports are no longer working on a new laptop: I recently purchased an ASUS laptop with Windows 11 installed. After a week of use, both USB ports are inoperable. They were working fine until today. Flash drives and my mouse driver work fine on my old computer. Can you help me?...
  6. USB C port doesn't work

USB C port doesn't work: I connected an Android phone via the USB-c port and started a file transfer. In the middle of the transfer, I mistakenly turned my computer off. The port has not worked ever since. I tried different cables both of which work fine on other devices and different devices none of...
  7. USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices

USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  8. USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones

USB-C port on laptop not working with headphones: I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop. It has both a headphone jack and a USB-C port. Any sound coming out of the headphone jack has very bad sound quality for some unknown reason, so I decided to get a USB-C to 3.5mm jack converter. My headphones don't work with this port at all,...
  9. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  10. No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop: Hi guys, Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009 Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB...