Windows 10: Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10

Discus and support Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you use the Single or Double Quote key on your keyboard to insert quotation marks into a document, you may have noticed that the Quote key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 13, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10

Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10 keyboard-featured-image.png
    When you use the Single or Double Quote key on your keyboard to insert quotation marks into a document, you may have noticed that the Quote key is not working on Windows 11/10 properly. And this can frustrate you when you are in the middle of typing up your document and you need the quotation […]

This article Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 13, 2022

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 13, 2022
  3. m3110w Win User
    HP Pavilion 15-ab030tx . Shift-quote key combo not working (Windows 10

Thanks for your reply.

I am pressing them together, even though it doesn't appear on the Kybd Event Viewer screenshot. Both shift keys are working normally with other keys. But for some reason neither shift key works with the single-quote key.

I did try Sticky Keys and it works! The double quote character appears when I use it. However, it works for ALL keys, which isn't good for me; I'd have to totally change my typing patterns. I only want it to work with the single-quote key, and I don't think that's possible. The ShortKeys solution works well.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers,

m3110w, Jul 13, 2022
  4. timshaw1 Win User

How to switch single tap for a single click to a double tap for a single click???

Thanks for the quick response but this is double clicking - not double tapping. Do you know how to perform the function of a double click with a double tap??

timshaw1, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Single or Double Quote key not working in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Single Double Quote

2. CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CERTUTIL doesn't seem to handle double-quotes in a password: I'm having an issue with CERTUTIL. I can't find a way to escape the double-quote character. I have a PFX file with the password 'Pass"word' no single-quotes. The following command produces this output:C:\Logs>CERTUTIL -f -p Pass"word -importpfx 1.pfxEntry 0:[edited]Entry...
  3. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  4. Stop double quotes on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop double quotes on Windows 11: Let me explain:I have a 60% keyboard with the US layout, I used to use US-INTL to have the ''é'' and etc, but now whenever I type the quote to make an é it does double quotes, I tried everything and nothing is stopping it, can someone help me?I need to have the accents for...
  5. Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once: Hi -, I have purchased a brand new DELL INSPIRON MODEL 7591. The quotation key doesn't work when I press it once. But, when I press it twice, it appears twice. I have tried changing the "Settings -> Preferred Language" from "English India" to "English US" or "English...
  6. Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to press quotes and double quotes twice in Windows 10: This problem has been reported many times with previous versions of Windows - and the fix has always been to change the keyboard from US International to US Standard. Brief description of the problem for those not familiar: Pressing a quote - or double quote - does not...
  7. Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forward slash, question mark, quotes keys not working in Windows 10: Received my new Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop and started it. I see that the keys corresponding to slash & quotation are not working. Even their shift version symbols question mark and double quotes are not working. Backward slash and other keys are working fine. 1. I tried the...
  8. Left Double Quotes ALT key code not working in Windows 10

Left Double Quotes ALT key code not working in Windows 10: I just want to type an open double quotes symbol in Windows 10 that should look like this: [ATTACH] I need to replace incorrectly translate quotes in an ANSI encoded text document and many posts online indicate that the ALT key code "ALT 8220" should create this glyph,...
  9. Quotes in WIndows 10

Quotes in WIndows 10: The problem: when I hit the quote key nothing happens unless I hit it again, then I get two quotes. If I hit quote once and then a vowel, I get an umlaut. This happens in a bunch of different programs including Word, Thunderbird (email), and R Studio. I read previous...
  10. Double quotes key requires second key press.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double quotes key requires second key press.: I have four systems, each with a regular+cyrillic keyboard and have been using them for years with Windows 7 & 8.1, switching between the two formats, without a problem. As an aside, a couple of the systems, having bought them in Bulgaria, have non-English messages but the...