Windows 10: Single Taskbar for all display screens

Discus and support Single Taskbar for all display screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ultrawide monitor that supports Picture by Picture mode desktops 2 and 3. The laptop desktop 1 is connected to a dock, which then connects to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MasumHaque, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Single Taskbar for all display screens

I have an ultrawide monitor that supports Picture by Picture mode desktops 2 and 3. The laptop desktop 1 is connected to a dock, which then connects to the monitor via 2 display port cables. The laptop is kept closed. Picture by Picture mode is enabled on the monitor. Desktops 1 and 2 are duplicated. Desktop 3 is extended. Taskbars position is bottom.Is it possible to have a single taskbar that spans all the desktops? So that there's only 1 start menu left of desktop 2, 1 system tray right of desktop 3, and one set of apps which I normally position in the center due to ultrawide monit

:)

MasumHaque, Sep 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Single Taskbar for all display screens

notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Single Taskbar for all display screens

1. Single Taskbar for all display screens - Similar Threads - Single Taskbar display

2. Taskbar Resizing a single Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Resizing a single Icon: I am running Windows 10 on my PC. Suddenly two icons on the taskbar have become so small it is unreadable. All of the other icons are the proper size and the TASK bar setting for small icons is turned off. How to I return these two icons to the proper size?...
  3. Taskbar Resizing a single Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Resizing a single Icon: I am running Windows 10 on my PC. Suddenly two icons on the taskbar have become so small it is unreadable. All of the other icons are the proper size and the TASK bar setting for small icons is turned off. How to I return these two icons to the proper size?...
  4. Taskbar Resizing a single Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there an option to have the "tray icons" on all taskbars of all your displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there an option to have the "tray icons" on all taskbars of all your displays?: Hello,The system tray icons are only accessible from the taskbar of the main display, and are not displayed on taskbars of anciliary displays. It would be great if Windows could add the option to have the system tray icons accessible from all taskbars, or have the option to...
  6. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  7. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays: Hi I have windows 10 and using two display screens.Although in the setting, I have on the taskbar "show all displays", still for some reason, the language icon of the taskbar, is shown only on one screen and not on the second screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance....
  8. show language icon on taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Taskbar stops working when switching from multiple displays back to single display, and...

Taskbar stops working when switching from multiple displays back to single display, and...: I have to start Task Manager, find Windows Explorer in the list of processes, and restart it multiple times a day in order to get my taskbar to show up when switching display modes, and also most of the time after waking my laptop from sleep. Until I do this, the taskbar --...
  10. Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned program Icon display single instance wrong Icon.: Here is what I hoped for. A pinned program when clicked just gets underlined and when moused over shows windows active. It does not replicate it self filling the task bar. The shortcut settings pass any parameters to the program when started. I have read a lot about this and...