Windows 10: Site is blocked

Discus and support Site is blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Richard L Walker, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Site is blocked

I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop.

After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification.

=====

Block Site

www.facebook.com is blocked!
    In order to remove this domain from the block
    list, please visit options page.
    =====

As is often the case, I follow directions and can't find anything that is referenced.

Can anyone expand on that "visit options page" so I can unblock facebook.com?

I'm using Windows 10 (if that helps)

:)

Richard L Walker, Oct 29, 2018

2. blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to Microsoft account | Your family using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 29, 2018
  3. sonja72 Win User
    Call Blocking

Hi, Just reading your comment regarding the update to enable call blocking, do you know how to or if there is an ipdate to block certain numbers on Lumia 520 by any chance, My instruction manual gives me step by step guide on how to do it but when i try
    it, i dont have the features it suggests ??? thanks in advance if yoou can help

sonja72, Oct 29, 2018
  4. LGV
    LGV Win User

Site is blocked

How To Block Facebook

Step 1. Explore C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
    Step 2. Look for a file named as hosts, then open it with Notepad.
    Step 3. At the bottom of the file, add the line as shown below:
    127.0.0.1 www.blockingsite1.com
    We have just shown you www.blockingsite 1.com as example only, replace it with the actual URL so that they are inaccessible to all.
    Step 4. Simultaneously if you have more websites that would like to be blocked, just press Enter and repeat step 3 to add additional URL until all desired websites are added. Now make “Enter” at the last line of the UR
    Step 5. Save and close the file.
    After doing the above formalities all websites that you have entered will be blocked with immediate effect. Definitely this theory will help you to prevent certain websites from being accessed by your kids or anybody else for any reason.

Thema:

Site is blocked

1. Site is blocked - Similar Threads - Site blocked

2. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...: why has my pc started blocking sites and articles i have always visited? something about mcafee what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-started-blocking-articles-and-sites/6b650687-e804-43b2-b128-395d0566269c
  3. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...: why has my pc started blocking sites and articles i have always visited? something about mcafee what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-started-blocking-articles-and-sites/6b650687-e804-43b2-b128-395d0566269c
  4. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Defender have block me to acces a web site trough a link in a e-mail. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender have block me to acces a web site trough a link in a e-mail. How can I...: For my loan insurrance I have to go on a web site to upload some files they ask to me. Before Yesterday everything works good. But yesterday Microsoft Defender tell me that the link was block because possibility of malware. I can't go anymore onto the web site. Who I can tell...
  6. Microsoft Defender have block me to acces a web site trough a link in a e-mail. How can I...

Microsoft Defender have block me to acces a web site trough a link in a e-mail. How can I...: For my loan insurrance I have to go on a web site to upload some files they ask to me. Before Yesterday everything works good. But yesterday Microsoft Defender tell me that the link was block because possibility of malware. I can't go anymore onto the web site. Who I can tell...
  7. all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all: all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all. Even if I remove the little x on top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-purchases-blocked-get-disconnected-from-sites/a75aebe2-0277-4a0f-872f-b212837ce50e
  8. all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all

all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all: all purchases blocked get disconnected from sites and YouTube always mute. No sound at all. Even if I remove the little x on top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-purchases-blocked-get-disconnected-from-sites/a75aebe2-0277-4a0f-872f-b212837ce50e
  9. Can I block social media sites from single machine only for a single user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I block social media sites from single machine only for a single user?: Hi I have been tasked to block social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok from a user at my workplace. I have tried the hosts.txt file in the windows\system32\driver\etc folder, I released IP flushed DNS and renewed IP config and still did not manage...
  10. Can I block social media sites from single machine only for a single user?

Can I block social media sites from single machine only for a single user?: Hi I have been tasked to block social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok from a user at my workplace. I have tried the hosts.txt file in the windows\system32\driver\etc folder, I released IP flushed DNS and renewed IP config and still did not manage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This site is blocked.