Windows 10: Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update.

Discus and support Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Received an update last week. Ever since then, I lose my saved passwords for all websites that I had set to be saved after rebooting my system. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinBasler1, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update.

Received an update last week. Ever since then, I lose my saved passwords for all websites that I had set to be saved after rebooting my system. This only started after this most recent update.

:)

KevinBasler1, Jul 14, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2020
  4. GIL
    gil Win User

Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update.

Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

Thema:

Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update.

1. Site passwords are lost after each reboot since a recent windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Site passwords are

2. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  3. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  4. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 rearranges icons after each reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 rearranges icons after each reboot: Hi, recently (probably since I've cleaned my PC mouse without unplugging it and clicked unintentionally here and there) my Windows 10 (build 19041.746) automatically rearranges icons after each reboot and it seems that also after playing a game. I tried various methods to...
  6. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  7. PC won’t reboot after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won’t reboot after recent Windows 10 update: my windows 10 recently told me that there was a critical update of some sort. So i downloaded and installed the update. Upon the automatica reset of mt PC, now my pc wont get past the motherboard’s splash screen. Like seriously how the hell is this happening? I cant...
  8. lost files after most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost files after most recent Windows 10 update: have lost two personal files with most recent Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-most-recent-windows-10-update/c4b0138b-63c6-463f-b435-4c12035e1a67"
  9. Windows 10 Proxy problem after each reboot...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Proxy problem after each reboot...: Never had this problem before. Just since Windows 10. All is working great in my Windows 10 except for this problem. When I reboot, each time Network my Internet is down. Problem is System defaulting to Settings/Network and Internet/Proxy/Manual Proxy Setup/Use Proxy Setup...
  10. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...