Windows 10: Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT)

Discus and support Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I've done a fair amount of googling before referring myself to W10 Forums.. I hope this helps someone else in the process. Since rolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ITApprentice, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT)

Hi Guys,

I've done a fair amount of googling before referring myself to W10 Forums.. I hope this helps someone else in the process. Since rolling out Windows 10 we've noticed users are having difficulty accessing their personal user data drives, via File Explorer. Let me make a scenario which is understandable.

In Site 1 (HQ), we can connect to the file server (e.g access 1FS without any issues- Where user data is stored)
    In the remote site (Site 2), we can do the same (e.g 2FS)

At our HQ, when running Windows 7, we are able to File Explore to 2FS but since the upgrade we're unable to. This occurs both ways.

We can ping our servers, and remote desktop.

Server infrastructure:
    VMWare ESX 5
    File servers in question are Windows Server 2008
    ONLY Windows server 2008 R2 servers have the issue, (2008 Standard edition is fine) all patches have been applied via WSUS.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,

IT Apprentice

:)

ITApprentice, Feb 29, 2016

2. Problem with playing audio on external media player

Hi, Thanks for the answer although I don't understand why I should seek for a solution at the Dune site or in connecting the player directly to the PC. (how ?). This is because I have a dualboot with Win7 and Win10. It was first a dualboot with W7 and W8.1
    W8.1 is updated to W10.

Both W7 and W8.1 worked without any problem with the network on the Dune.

After the upgrade it doesn't work with W10.

So IMO the fault should be in W10 and not in the Dune.

(W7 still works without a problem on the Dune !)

I compared the settings for networking and checked the settings,

but couldbn't find the solution after making the network settings in W10 the same as in W7.

Probably there is a setting I miss.......

kind regards,

Aart Nienhus

Eye of Horus, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 USB wireless adapter issues

I have a similar issue with wireless adapter. I just upgraded from W7 to W10 and if I try to connect to my NETGEAR WN111v2 wireless-N adapter, my screen starts flashing on & off. As long as I don't try to connect, my computer is fine...useless, but fine.
    NETGEAR site shows no W10 driver for my product. I think I will revert back to W7 and chalk the W10 failure alongside all other WINDOWS failures.

JohnLinderman, Feb 29, 2016
  4. Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT)

ITApprentice, Feb 29, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    Apply cumulative update KB3140743 and see if that fixes your issues. This update, amongst other things, fixes network discovery.

linw, Mar 2, 2016
  6. Thanks for the response @linw ,

However, the issues remain even though this update has been applied and installed, to every system we've deployed recently. I manage WSUS company-wide and can say every critical and security update for W10 are always approved, none are being missed.

We are desperate to find a fix for this issue, It's holding our company back from upgrading, we've got a 3 month deadline to do this across 100+ systems.

I've recently expanded my orignal post with this information:
    ONLY Windows server 2008 R2 servers have the issue, all patches have been applied via WSUS.

ITApprentice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT)

1. Site-to-Site Network connectivity issues (Since W10 Upgrade) (URGENT) - Similar Threads - Site Site Network

2. No connection to a single site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No connection to a single site: No connection to a single site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-connection-to-a-single-site/8b7c3d55-b4d6-4f3f-a50d-7eac766e751e
  3. No connection to a single site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No connection to a single site: No connection to a single site https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-connection-to-a-single-site/8b7c3d55-b4d6-4f3f-a50d-7eac766e751e
  4. Database connection issue at trusted site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  5. Database connection issue at trusted site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  6. YouTube site refusing to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube site refusing to connect: HI I am facing problem regarding youtube on my device. I use windows 10. whenever I try to open youtube.com it says that the site refused to connect. when i ran the troubleshooter the following results came. please help me thanks in advanced :...
  7. Connectivity issues with one site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity issues with one site.: Can Windows 10 diagnose connectivity issues with a specific site? Seeker's notes complains that my "internet connection is unstable." I have this problem with only that one site. I did not have the problem with another Windows 10 machine using the same Wi-Fi provider....
  8. unable to connect with secure sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect with secure sites: Even on account I have used for a long time I get the message "Hmmm cannot connect, server not found. what's my solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-with-secure-sites/fa302daa-dee3-45ac-beac-7c2c0d7e61aa
  9. network error for particular site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network error for particular site: hello, i am facing problem in website opening and it only happened for particular site, if i am login in wordpress.com manytime is not working and it shown proxy error or server error. how can fixed ir Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Install, upgrade and activate...
  10. Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers will not connect to DYNDNS sites: Hi I have a DNS account, the access works fine from my phone, tablet and mac. However when I try to connect via any browser on my Windows 10 machine its unable to connect. Any ideas? Cheers Phil 79672