Windows 10: Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

Discus and support Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past few days, I've been getting an email newsletter from Brownstone Research. Those newsletters typically contain a links to a video or two.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by highstream, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

For the past few days, I've been getting an email newsletter from Brownstone Research. Those newsletters typically contain a links to a video or two. With my iPad Mini 2, the latter play in Safari, but on my Win 10 desktop the loading spiral appears for an instant, then disappears leaving a blank page (no error message). I've tried with Opera, FF, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi, some turning off ad blocking to check. I use MBAM Premium and Windows Defender/Firewall, but have not received any messages and cannot find anything relevant being blocked in their logs. So I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks,

Here are two examples:
    https://secure.brownstoneresearch.co...lcid=PLC087864
    https://secure.brownstoneresearch.co...lcid=PLC089887

Win 10 v 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

:)

highstream, Jan 22, 2021
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Jan 22, 2021
  3. lucasbuck Win User
    Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share with everyone, all permissions. I don;t know which machine is having the problem. Any suggestions?

lucasbuck, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

Web links in other apps take forever to open in browser

Hi,

The issue your experiencing about the hyperlink can happen to one or more of the following reasons:

• The setting where you choose what web browser that you want to use is corrupted. This can cause Windows to misinterpret which browser is set as the default browser on your computer.
    • After the software was installed, settings were changed, which can cause links to webpages to work incorrectly.
    • A previously installed browser or add-in might be interfering with other software on your computer.
    • Registry keys were changed or became corrupted.

You can set Internet Explore or Microsoft Edge as your default browser for opening weblinks in your app and check if the issue will still occur.

We suggest to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser. See steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers

1. Site's video links don't open in Win 10 browsers - Similar Threads - Site's video links

2. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  3. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  4. Browser opening up on start up with a site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser opening up on start up with a site: Today I started up my PC and my Chrome opened with an ad. I tried all the advice I found- disable browser from Start Up in Task Managertried, but the browser isn't there, because it was never allowed to to begin with, checking site settings and extensions, changing the...
  5. Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11: I am trying to set Google Chrome as my only default browser on Windows 11 but some links are still opening on Chromium Edge instead. Is there any way to fix this so I can consistently use Google Chrome as my default browser?...
  6. Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11: I am trying to set Google Chrome as my only default browser on Windows 11 but some links are still opening on Chromium Edge instead. Is there any way to fix this so I can consistently use Google Chrome as my default browser?...
  7. Links to sites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Links to sites: When responding to a long email link, nothing happens when I click on the link except a version of the link will briefly appear in the lower left corner of the monitor screen, I don't have a clue where to look. Thanks for any and all help....
  8. After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser

in Cortana
    After upgrade to Win 10 1809 Cortana will not open links in any browser: I upgraded to 1809 a few days ago on three computers. Tried Cortana today, and it will not open any links. It used to open in IE, or more recently, Edge. I have IE 11 (and it is activated in windows features), Edge, and my default is Firefox. I can't find a setting that...
  9. Links don't open in default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  10. Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser suddenly open and direct to adv site: Today i downloaded some trainer from mediadisk1.net, after opening the trainer my av quarantine so i ignore that because trainer always detected by av as usual. Its begin my browser opening by itself and direct me to adv site. Besides injecting adware its possible this virus...