Windows 10: Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work

Discus and support Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After log in, Nvidia control panel states it needs installing. Clicking the link to bring up the store to download states the ms-store product id can't... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RealFluffyBunnies, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work

After log in, Nvidia control panel states it needs installing. Clicking the link to bring up the store to download states the ms-store product id can't be found and I need to check my spelling. After running wsreset.exe, it says PurgeCaches can't be found either. I ran this command:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

In order to restore it, but came up with the error stating WinStore\AppXManifest.xml does not exist. I checked for myself in the file path, and confirmed that the WinStore folder doesn't exist even with hidden folders turned on.

On top of the issues at hand, the windows explorer task bar only allows interactions with the internet explorer icon, the file explorer, and right clicking the start menu, and task bar. Essentially meaning, windows apps are toast for the time being. I've being researching and trying to figure out problems of this nature for the past six days.

The History behind the problem/from the beginning:

Tried to change the .ini file of a Microsoft Store game, thought it was to be changed in the WindowsApps folder. Changed the permissions for that folder, and after some research realized where the correct folder was and attempted to reset the permissions/ownership on that folder. Everything returned back to normal until I restarted my computer for the night, and MS store would open and "work" but not allow for playing the original game I tried changing the .ini file for. So, I checked the permissions again and everything looked fine there. I checked whether other games would install, and they would. So, I figured the easiest thing to do was re-install the game. I did this through the Xbox app or the MS store, not sure on that one. It ended up not uninstalling it. It left all the files behind and essentially broke the ability to re-install the game.

I ended up troubleshooting the MS store through the settings, running the wsreset.exe, running sfc /scannow, and re-registering the store through powershell. It ended up throwing errors on the previous "uninstalled" game folder. I saw other errors on other game folders and wondered if it was just the lack of needing to re-register those. Kind of wish I would have researched into that more, but you live and learn.

Next up, I decided that since re-installing, resetting, and re-registering the MS-store app, that a reset of windows was probably best. Since I wouldn't lose my files, I was okay with downloading apps again. Did that, and all windows apps became visible but un-openable. The errors were now revolving around access denied errors. I ran the same commands as before, and access denied errors were happening on anything to do with the MS store like re-registering or resetting the permissions on the folders. After taking a look in the properties folders of the WindowsApps, and I think Program Files even, the owner was completely unset. It used to be trustedInstaller. In fact, the trustedInstaller didn't exist in the users panel.

Lastly, I loaded into the starting troubleshooter windows screen and went into the advanced settings/cmd prompt. I figured I needed to reset permissions when things weren't running. So, I researched into icacls commands and what ones do what in order to systematically reset permissions across the board. I ran a command like icacls c:/ * /reset, then specifically grabbed the program files, and windowsApps folder to reset the permissions. Then, re-installed windows again. This fixed a lot, but lead me to the problems of MS-store not being found and overall windows apps not working. However, nothing is throwing a access denied error anymore. So, a small win.

Summary of what I've tried:

• MS-Store Troubleshooter
    • sfc/ scannow
    • re-registering store through powershell
    • wsreset.exe
    • re-installing windows with keep my personal files only
    • resetting ownership of WindowsApps folders to TrustedInstaller
    • resetting permissions through icacls reset commands
    • cleaning/restoring health with the dism.exe

:)

RealFluffyBunnies, Mar 24, 2021
  2. JouBar Win User

windows store & other apps missing and/or not working (properly)

I'll try to keep it short...
    after initial problems with both task bar and start menu I've followed the steps from this forum to get it working properly again. Thanx for that, it worked great!

1 day later the store and edge apps were missing from the task bar, I can now only access them through different tabs in the settings menu
    all other apps which come with the new Windows 10 OS are "gone".
    they appear as blank tiles in the app list and cannot be accessed.

Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work [​IMG]

I've tried to re-register both apps and store with help from this forum, so far no luck.
    it seems to keep hanging at the initializing or processing part...
    the start menu is now completely empty as well, due to the apps not being recognized.

I've even tried to restore Windows 10, that no luck there either, "no changes were made"

anyone got any ideas?
    can I go back to Win 7 and restart from there?

JouBar, Mar 24, 2021
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work

Microsoft Store app missing.

I had a brand new Dell Precious laptop where Microsoft Store and Windows Calculator was missing from day 1. I have tried everything suggested with 10 steps guides etc, loads of PowerShell commands but nothing worked.

So the solution in the end for me was to re-install everything, starting with a Windows 10 release 1903 edition. That has successfully been upgraded to release 1909 and the Microsoft Store etc. is now available and the apps now work as expected.

LFCdenmark, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work

1. Six Days and counting: MS store - Missing, Not Found + Windows Apps don't work - Similar Threads - Six Days counting

2. ms windows app store is not found in my machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms windows app store is not found in my machine: after resetting my machine, wsreset.exe gives error your device need new app to open this link. I tried all mentioned in various links for this issue nothing worked...
  3. ms windows app store is not found in my machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms windows app store is not found in my machine: after resetting my machine, wsreset.exe gives error your device need new app to open this link. I tried all mentioned in various links for this issue nothing worked...
  4. ms store is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms store is missing: ms store is missing and cannot get apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-missing/6eb4c9b1-c0ac-43a9-a66e-14af90c24ce0
  5. Missing Windows store app two year old problem and counting

Missing Windows store app two year old problem and counting: Here it is ignore other fixes tried them all they don’t work. I lost the Store App in the upgrade from 10 to 11. Even resetting PC never brought it back. So if that sounds similar to how you lost it do this 20 second fix. 1. Open Xbox App2. Open settings.3. Click on General...
  6. Missing Windows store app two year old problem and counting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows store app two year old problem and counting: Here it is ignore other fixes tried them all they don’t work. I lost the Store App in the upgrade from 10 to 11. Even resetting PC never brought it back. So if that sounds similar to how you lost it do this 20 second fix. 1. Open Xbox App2. Open settings.3. Click on General...
  7. ms store is missing from apps and feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms store is missing from apps and feature: what should i do to get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-missing-from-apps-and-feature/332459a5-76a6-4510-951a-920a23a9865f
  8. ms store is missing from apps and feature

ms store is missing from apps and feature: what should i do to get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-missing-from-apps-and-feature/332459a5-76a6-4510-951a-920a23a9865f
  9. MS-Store app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS-Store app not working: Hello Community, A view days ago I had to install the Microsoft HoloLens App on my developement-pc which has no internet access. Therefore I received a .appx File downloaded from Microsoft Business Store and all corresponding dependencies .NET.Native.Framework.. and so ....
  10. Windows apps and app stores don't work

Windows apps and app stores don't work: Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking...