Windows 10: Six principles to guide Microsoft’s facial recognition work

Discus and support Six principles to guide Microsoft’s facial recognition work in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In his recent speech at the Brookings Institution, Brad Smith talked about the urgent need for governments to adopt laws to regulate facial recognition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Six principles to guide Microsoft’s facial recognition work

Source: Six principles to guide Microsoft's facial recognition work - Microsoft on the Issues

:)

Brink, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 18, 2018
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Six principles to guide Microsoft’s facial recognition work - Similar Threads - Six principles guide

2. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Up until a couple of weeks ago, the facial recognition on my Surface Pro 8 had been working flawlessly. It then started giving me the error message that it couldn't turn on my camera and that I needed to use my PIN. I have tried removing the device in device manager and...
  3. Facial recognition not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition not working: Recently my Surface computer stopped being able to open via facial recognition; it said it couldn't see the camera or words to that effect thankfully the camera does work to take pictures. I don't mind using a pin to log in, but I'm concerned this might be a sign of a worse...
  4. Facial Recognition not working!?

Facial Recognition not working!?: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1 Silver and when I try and use windows hello face. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" I have no clue why this is happening and im pretty sure i am meant to have facial recognition....
  5. Facial Recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition: Hi! Am I able to install facial recognition on my Samsung Galaxy book2? I have been trying to but the option does not show, only fingerprint and PIN. Thanks Cindy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition/0dbbf103-e0bf-448b-98d7-6bfa7cdf6c4e
  6. Facial recognition not working

Facial recognition not working: Facial recognition in my laptop is not working. It is asking me for a pin or a password and I have never used a pin or a password. Please help how can i access my laptop?...
  7. Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition not working: Unable to use this feature, says camera not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-not-working/9fdd9bec-2afb-45d7-8d3b-322ec5cef4dc
  8. Facial Recognition Not Working

Facial Recognition Not Working: I have a Alienware 17 laptop that I have been using. Earlier upon use the facial recognition had been working perfectly. However, recently my facial recogniton has stopped working and says that it cannot turn on my camera. I thought maybe my camera might be broken, however,...
  9. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...
  10. Facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition: Industry received my new dell Inspiron 7000 series. When I turned it on it wanted to load the fast access application, so I let it. It then asked me to reboot, so I did that too. I didn't set up the fast access face recognition before I rebooted and now the fast access screen...