Windows 10: Size and Size on disk

Discus and support Size and Size on disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi this is what I see on Pictures property folder: [ATTACH] How come? could it be that 75GB take only 2.2GB on disk or is it the other way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by einavha, Feb 6, 2021.

1. einavha Win User

Size and Size on disk

Hi this is what I see on Pictures property folder:

Size and Size on disk c23de3fb-81ba-44c0-814e-9d9312b57987?upload=true.png

How come? could it be that 75GB take only 2.2GB on disk or is it the other way around?...

:)

einavha, Feb 6, 2021

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 6, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Font Size

Hi Ken,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to change the font size.

• open Kindle app

• Hamburger icon on the top left

• Then select settings

• Click on options and check if you are able to find options for font settings
    You can try this short cut by pressing Ctrl button with scrolling your mouse to zoom the screen size.

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Size and Size on disk

Reduce disk size (Inspect SCSI )

Hi, I'm David an independent advisor and user just like you. I'll do my best to help you with this.

The answer is you have to reduce the size on BOTH sides.

Step 1) Within you virtual machine you need to go to Disk Management and reduce the size of the partition(s) on the drive you want to reduce - you want to end up with space left at the "end" of the virtual disk. This is the space you'll be able to recover.

Step 2) From your Hyper-V host you need to edit the virtual disk and use the Shrink option to reduce the size of the physical disk (as far as your VM is concerned it's a physical disk), and that would reduce the size of your virtual disk file on the host.

If you are increasing the size of the virtual disk then you do it the other way round - increase the size of the virtual disk on Hyper-V, then go to Disk Management inside your virtual machine and you'll find there's more space available to expand your virtual
    volume.

Regards,

David

David Spink, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Size and Size on disk

1. Size and Size on disk - Similar Threads - Size Size disk

2. Size vs Size on disk difference in Windows explained

in Windows 10 News
    Size vs Size on disk difference in Windows explained: [IMG]You can view the actual size of your file by opening file properties in File Explorer. If you have ever noticed, file properties show two different types of sizes for the same file, namely, Size and Size on disk. The Size on disk is usually larger than the actual file...
  3. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  5. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

"Size" VS "Size On Disk": One Drive is suppose to have 1TB storage. When i check "Properties" on it, it says the following: "Size" = 40GB On my backup it says "size on disk" = 218 MB and my other backup says "size on disk" = 4 KB. But when I check my Memory Stick I get a logical answer: 8GB used, 25GB...
  6. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size" VS "Size On Disk": One Drive is suppose to have 1TB storage. When i check "Properties" on it, it says the following: "Size" = 40GB On my backup it says "size on disk" = 218 MB and my other backup says "size on disk" = 4 KB. But when I check my Memory Stick I get a logical answer: 8GB used, 25GB...
  7. "Size" VS "Size On Disk"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Size

Disk Size: I have an 8 TB WD external hard drive. I am using it plugged in to my router, like a "poor man's NAS" I guess. My router recognizes it as an 8 TB drive. I can plug it directly into the USB of any of my Windows 10 machines and Windows sees it as an 8 TB drive. However, when...
  9. Contradicting disk size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Contradicting disk size: I open explorer/properties I see one size, and when I use Disk management I see another size. Why? I have run into a similar problem in the past with a drive in an external enclosure. Starting to wonder if Windows 10 is having problems with USB 2.0 enclosures? BTW Please...
  10. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...