Windows 10: 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

Discus and support 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As described - the project manager on File Manager was clearly napping when this was signed-off - it means that users like me are endlessly having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StuartLeask, May 27, 2022.

1. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

As described - the project manager on File Manager was clearly napping when this was signed-off - it means that users like me are endlessly having to re-size our File Manager windows, not to see the column name 'Size', but to solve "The Mystery of the Absent File Sizes" i.e. why the column, so often, by default, is EMPTY. Yay, no sizes at all. Until we enlarge the window - oh, there are all the file sizes, off to the right where we couldn't see them! Every Single Time. UghSo daft. And so easy to put right irony, if one can simply choose justification to left or right. Or, even, if whoever

:)

StuartLeask, May 27, 2022

2. Maintain Explorer Column Sizing

Okay, when I said, This doesn't work .." I was referring to a global fix for folders and subfolders ... Unless i did something wrong.

Your step-by-step instructions seems to have worked, on a per folder basis (I had been using Right click on name column and "Size all Columns to fit" Perhaps there is a difference in manually resizing the column at the dividing line ... but it still doesn't
    resize all sub folders and files globally. If I click on one of the folders in the group I resized, the files in that folder have to be resized also ...

I mean, I guess if this fix works, I can resize the name column of every file folder as I click on them but better would be to resize the Documents file, double click it, click Excel and have all the worksheet file names already sized to fit ...

FredVavrek, May 27, 2022
  3. Fix the size of windows / FREE columns

W1z,

I've reported this one before... but I now do so again in case it was forgotten...

Your chosen size of columns (and windows) is too small... and a real problem since ATI Tool doesnt allow window or column resizing! Just look at the screenie of my FUSES data. Completely unreadable!

Please fix in 0.27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

lemonadesoda, May 27, 2022
  4. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

COLUMN RESIZING

Hi Patrick,

You have the options to use the "Size all columns to fit" in File Explorer.

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer in the taskbar or press Ctrl + E.
    • Click the View Tab and then click Details.
    • After clicking Details, you have the option to click the
      Add columns
      and Size all columns to fit.
    You may also read the
    What's changed in File Explorer
    article for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, May 27, 2022
Thema:

'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

1. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be... - Similar Threads - 'Size' column File

2. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable: NOTE: THIS ISSUE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN SUBMITTED IN A PROMINENT THREAD, HOWEVER THE OP PREMATURELY MARKED THEIR ISSUE AS RESOLVED, AND THIS HAS SEEMINGLY GONE UNSOLVED SINCE...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer Column Size NOT really adjustable: NOTE: THIS ISSUE HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN SUBMITTED IN A PROMINENT THREAD, HOWEVER THE OP PREMATURELY MARKED THEIR ISSUE AS RESOLVED, AND THIS HAS SEEMINGLY GONE UNSOLVED SINCE...
  4. Right Justify File Explorer Column?

Right Justify File Explorer Column?: HI,Is there a way to Right Justify a Column in the Window's File Explorer window? When doing a file search in the file explorer, the FOLDER LOCATION pathing can be very long for the file path. They all start with the same location, but the final right side of the file path is...
  5. Right Justify File Explorer Column?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Justify File Explorer Column?: HI,Is there a way to Right Justify a Column in the Window's File Explorer window? When doing a file search in the file explorer, the FOLDER LOCATION pathing can be very long for the file path. They all start with the same location, but the final right side of the file path is...
  6. Right Justify File Explorer Column?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...: As described - the project manager on File Manager was clearly napping when this was signed-off - it means that users like me are endlessly having to re-size our File Manager windows, not to see the column name 'Size', but to solve "The Mystery of the Absent File Sizes" i.e....
  8. 'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...

'Size' column in Windows 10 File Manager is Right-justified, when it should be...: As described - the project manager on File Manager was clearly napping when this was signed-off - it means that users like me are endlessly having to re-size our File Manager windows, not to see the column name 'Size', but to solve "The Mystery of the Absent File Sizes" i.e....
  9. Size Column to Fit

Size Column to Fit: I need to permanently size columns to fit content instead of having to select it every single time a folder is opened. Is there a solution yet? I cannot find an option to select "apply to all folders."...
  10. Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10: I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager. Is it possible to tweak File Manager such that an Attributes column is always included and appears as the leftmost column within File Manager ? I...