Windows 10: size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.

Discus and support size of a file name in windows 10 home x64. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I increase the size of a file name? Files with long names I can not open them. Thank, Juan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by juanplanas rivarola, Jul 16, 2019.

1. size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.

How can I increase the size of a file name? Files with long names I can not open them.

Thank, Juan

:)

juanplanas rivarola, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

size of a file name in windows 10 home x64.

1. size of a file name in windows 10 home x64. - Similar Threads - size file name

2. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  3. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are showing with size and files have no names: Hi allOne day when I accessed my computer my icons were showing with their size as their name and some without the name. I have looked on here for support and didn't find any helpful replies to the one question that was the same. Along with this many of my files do not have...
  4. Icons are showing with size and files have no names

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Home download size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home download size?: Hi all! I've been getting conflicting Google answers here. I'm wanting to do a full, legit, clean installation of Windows 10 on my computer (currently trapped in a Automatic Repair loop and turns out it's not even legit Windows! Fun!). It's the ONLY computer I have and we're...
  6. Add image size to file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Add image size to file name: Hi, I would like to add the image size to the file name for my wallpapers collection. Example: "test.jpg" to "test 1920x1080.jpg" I was using free commander multi rename to do it, but it stops working, I don't know why. I would prefer to do it with powershell, it's quicker....
  7. Window 10 Home x64 Version 1903 Build 18362.239 File Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Home x64 Version 1903 Build 18362.239 File Corruption: Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone can explain what is going on with the following version of Windows 10... Window 10 Home x64 Version 1903 Build 18362.239 ?? After a recent System File check, using the powershell command "sfc /scannow", I noticed that Windows on...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 10 Home x64: I just purchased the upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I did not seem to get an activation/product key, but there is an "Install" button where the "Buy" button was, but what do I do when it asks for a product key? This is on a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series that I purchased new with...
  9. Unusual file name extension and size

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual file name extension and size: I have a hidden file that is 607GB on a 931GB Hard Disk with the extension (.DErQc). What is this file doing? Regards, 115515
  10. Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64: I installed Windows 10 Home x64 during Christmas festivities. It is a clean install. Although I'm using the OS without licence (I'm planning to buy the license when price drops on amazon), it works well, except for several BSOD occurred during these weeks. Some days ago...