Windows 10: size of c:\windows folder

Discus and support size of c:\windows folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use file explorer and select c:\windows and then select 'properties' it shows size on disk = 16.6GB. When I enter that folder and select ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dsmith888, Apr 29, 2017.

1. dsmith888 Win User

size of c:\windows folder

When I use file explorer and select c:\windows and then select 'properties' it shows size on disk = 16.6GB. When I enter that folder and select ALL files including hidden ones , the properties show size on disk at 6.4GB.

chkdsk /F indicates all is ok. What could account for the difference ? My other computer show sizes much closer to each other when doing the same procedure.

:)

dsmith888, Apr 29, 2017

2. Question to Mister Andre Da Costa.

Can you right click on folder C:\$Windows.~BT?

Choose "Properties"

See what size or number of kb are in folder.

Let me know what that number/size is.

Jmarco0921, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 file space

What is the size of C drive

Do you have any folder called windows.old in C drive?

Have you upgraded your windows?

What size of HDD you are using?

Santanu Nayak, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Look at it with Treesize Free. It will show you exactly where the space is being used. For instance, on my Oracle VM running 16184.100, it shows:

size of c:\windows folder [​IMG]

Ztruker, Apr 29, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    There's probably a few more GB's in C: if you show 'Super-Hidden' (protected system folders)

size of c:\windows folder [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. size of c:\windows folder - Similar Threads - size folder

2. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  3. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  4. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  6. Change Size Explorer Folder

Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  7. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  8. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  9. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64
  10. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64