Windows 10: Size of Data Drives in One Drive

Discus and support Size of Data Drives in One Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 drives on my desktop running Windows 10. Both drives are set at 250Mb each. All of my data files images, documents, back-ups etc are on the D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StevenRS, Dec 26, 2019.

1. StevenRS Win User

Size of Data Drives in One Drive

I have 2 drives on my desktop running Windows 10. Both drives are set at 250Mb each. All of my data files images, documents, back-ups etc are on the D drive and the programmes etc are on the C drive. Ideally, I would like the drives set so that the D drive is 350Mb and the C drive is 150Mb. Am I able to change the drive sizes?

I am also likely to be changing my computer in the near future to one with a much larger hard drive. If I do not change the drive sizes on my current machine, when my new machine connects to the one drive, would the additional space be automatically set to the same proportion as my current hard drive?

:)

StevenRS, Dec 26, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Size of Data Drives in One Drive :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Size of Data Drives in One Drive

little cat, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Size of Data Drives in One Drive

1. Size of Data Drives in One Drive - Similar Threads - Size Data Drives

2. Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?: Why, without my permission, did one drive take all my information from my work computer and move it to one drive? Besides that, I just opened my personal computer, and all my documents from work were downloaded onto my personal computer. This is a massive problem....
  3. Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is One-drive - microsoft stiling our data ?: Why, without my permission, did one drive take all my information from my work computer and move it to one drive? Besides that, I just opened my personal computer, and all my documents from work were downloaded onto my personal computer. This is a massive problem....
  4. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  5. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  6. One drive + all my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  7. One drive + all my data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive + all my data: How do i download all of my data back onto my device? Then I'll quit ONedrive forever. Basically want everything back on my pc . None of it in the 'cloud' . thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-all-my-data/69fa742e-b99a-4dca-8884-245f27279928
  8. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  9. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  10. One drive stealing data

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One drive stealing data: So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i literally disabled everyting from one cloud but didnt uninstalled it, and guess what? it started to upload some very...