Windows 10: Size of Desktop Shortcut Icons

Discus and support Size of Desktop Shortcut Icons in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My HP 15-AB271S-A Windows 10 laptop has larger desktop shortcut icons than my older E Machines E 732 laptop (which was recently upgraded from Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by A Gray, Jul 24, 2016.

1. A Gray Win User

Size of Desktop Shortcut Icons

My HP 15-AB271S-A Windows 10 laptop has larger desktop shortcut icons than my older E Machines E 732 laptop (which was recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Both have virtually the same screen dimensions and on checking the display settings in the control panels both are set to max screen resolution of 1366x768 and item size of 100% (min). While this situation is not a serious problem I would like to know if there is any way of making the icons on the HP smaller to match those on the E Machines. Incidentally I use the desktop (as opposed to the "Tile Screen" all the time.

:)

A Gray, Jul 24, 2016

2. how can you change icon script size in windows 10 creator

Just updated to windows 10 creator

Now I find I can't change desktop icon script size

I don't mean change the size of everything from100% size to 125% or 150% etc, just the labels on my desktop shortcut icons

TonyBristow, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Anarchy with the size of icons.

Ps : when you're seeing the screenshot : MGS V Ground Zero : the shortcut was before on a good size, and i have to rename the shortcut to have, again, a good size.

Nothing change after folder's refresh...

Same icons, same size.

JimDalibert, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Size of Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hello,

R/Click Desktop>View>Select Icon Size.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 24, 2016
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Much better still. Hold down CTRL while scrolling and make them any size you want.

cbwilsha, Jul 24, 2016
  6. A Gray Win User
    *SmileMany thanks to both of you for your quick and useful response. I had no idea that it would be so easy to do this icon size change. I have now done this on the HP and the screen (to my mind) looks much neater now. I am satisfied with your responses and the thread shoulld be flagged as closed but I don't see how to do this. Thanks again

A Gray, Jul 24, 2016
  7. In addition, to cbwilsha's suggestion for changing Desktop Icons size, this also works with File Explorer to change layout view. See below.

To Change Folder View Layout with Mouse Scroll Wheel
    1. Go to your desktop, or open a folder in File Explorer you want to change the view layout of its content.

2. Press and hold the Ctrl key and roll your mouse scroll wheel forward or backward until you have the view layout you want, and release the Ctrl key.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 28, 2016
  8. A Gray Win User

Thanks John, I have no issues with File Explorer at the moment however I'll try the routine that you suggest to see what the effect is.

Arthur

A Gray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Size of Desktop Shortcut Icons - Similar Threads - Size Desktop Shortcut

2. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Will it affect my games,...
  3. Desktop, icons and shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop, icons and shortcuts.: What if I am rearranging the icons on my desktop screen continuously over a 100 times either by their name or by their size, will it corrupt my games and other files, icons and shortcuts on the desktop screen or change their actual file location? Plz help! .........
  4. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: In Windows 10 My icons have disappeared.The names of the items are still there and I can click on them to access the programme.But the icon pictures are not showing.I have done personalislation/Themes/desktop items but with no success.I have even done System Restore but no...
  5. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  6. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  7. size of icons desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of icons desktop: right click on desktop does not let me select size of icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-icons-desktop/54246a2f-81e0-41a1-8929-2ce03fe353a8
  8. Desktop icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon size: Something I did changed the size of my desktop icons, made them larger. Even though I go into "View" and change the icons to the smallest, they are still bigger than they were originally. What do I do other than in the View setting can I bring them back to the smaller...
  9. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...
  10. Size desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size desktop Icons: How can I reduce or increase size of icons on desktop. 35203