Windows 10: size of icons and items on screen

Discus and support size of icons and items on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I change the size of the icons on the taskbar and size of items on screen. I have already gone into the upper right corner of screen and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KEITHHIPP, Nov 6, 2018.

1. KEITHHIPP Win User

size of icons and items on screen

how can I change the size of the icons on the taskbar and size of items on screen. I have already gone into the upper right corner of screen and used the zoom but it is not working properly.

:)

KEITHHIPP, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile size of icons and items on screen :)

Naki, Nov 6, 2018
  4. size of icons and items on screen

How can I set the default size for icons on the Start screen to small?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the size of the icons.

1. Right click on "Desktop".

2. Select "View".

3. Customize accordingly.

Also you can Press and hold CTRL key and scroll the mouse wheel to adjust the size of the desktop icons.

Also to change the size of the texts and text size of the desktop icons and see if it helps:

• Type Make Text and other items larger or smaller in the Search Bar.

• Select Make Text and other items larger or smaller.

• Under Change size of items select Set a Custom scaling level
      option and try to change the size of the text.

• You can also change the size of text for specific item in
      change text size only option.

• After selecting the Size press Apply
      which will ask you to log off and log in again for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to us with the updated status and we will be glad to help you further.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

size of icons and items on screen

1. size of icons and items on screen - Similar Threads - size icons items

2. Home screen icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Home screen icon size: For some reason, my icons on my home screen have expanded horizontally. I have taken a screenshot of the home screen and highlighted what the size of the border is. It is inconvenient and I really want it to get fixed. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix it,...
  3. Icon sizes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icon sizes: I downloaded a 2020 upgrade to my embroidery digitizing program, Embird. It also has an iconizer which shows pics of my designs when I look in Windows Explorer. Until I upgraded, the icons could be made into several appearances from list to extra large icons. Since the...
  4. Matching icon to item on home screen.

Matching icon to item on home screen.: Using chrome, how can I get an icon that matches with the item? Examble -Kindle with its icon on my home screen. Chase bank and official icon. All the short cuts I set up have the Chrome icon....
  5. changing the size of icons displayed on screen

changing the size of icons displayed on screen: my icons have changed size and I wish to make them smaller again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-size-of-icons-displayed-on-screen/2d7ac97a-62d1-4e59-8c46-961d20f3356c
  6. Desktop Item View Size

Desktop Item View Size: On my desktop I only have one shortcut: Recycle Bin. The thing is, this shortcut size is set to extra-large. I don't see a way to decrease the size when I right click it. How can I change the size?...
  7. icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon size: My Pandora app is tiny on both my app site and the taskbar. I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/icon-size/eccce19c-3ddf-4749-b69c-956e5bb66dec
  8. Icon size

Icon size: I have been setting up a newer computer and I have setup the recommended size for the display (1360X768) but the desktop icons and all displayed items seem to tall to me. Is there a way to adjust these so they not so tall? Thanks Ben 63368
  9. Lock screen notification icon size

Lock screen notification icon size: Does anyone know how to change the size of the notification icons shown on the lock screen? I seem to remember getting the question during setup of Win10 if I wanted to show large or small icons and I think I choose small. When I restart the computer I can see the network...
  10. icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    icon size: The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ?? 24602

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change size of items on screen

2. This sounds of the icons on the screen please

3. size icons on screen

4. icon size for 5.5 screen