Windows 10: Size of replacement SSD

Discus and support Size of replacement SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My company is gradually replacing all OEM provided HDD with Samsung 860 EVO SSD. In my case this requires replacing a 1TB laptop Toshiba HDD, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abe Froman, May 26, 2018.

1. Size of replacement SSD

My company is gradually replacing all OEM provided HDD with Samsung 860 EVO SSD.

In my case this requires replacing a 1TB laptop Toshiba HDD, which provides cause for my curiosity level to rise.

The advantages of plentiful space are realized and understood. However, I could not fill a 1TB HDD or SSD (or come anywhere near close to doing so) given current level of file accumulation, which is approximately 20% of the space available and that includes Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft Office 365, several small apps and the files accumulated over recent years. Obviously, this translates to added (and possibly avoidable) costs for data storage since the space is neither used nor are there realistic prospects to use the available added space.

We have the option of requesting either a 500gb or 1TB Samsung 860 EVO. For the above reasons I lean toward opting for the 500gb SSD to replace the 1TB HDD.

I've been told such selection will lead to problems with the BIOS and disk recognition, which I prefer to avoid.

QUESTION(S)-Is it possible to easily (and simply) swap a current 1TB HDD with a 500gb Samsung SSD on Dell laptops running Windows 10 Pro? Is there anything I should be aware of or should be forewarned about in swapping a 1TB HDD for a 500gb SSD?

:)

Abe Froman, May 26, 2018

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 27, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Size of replacement SSD

1. Size of replacement SSD - Similar Threads - Size replacement SSD

2. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  3. Replacing HDD with SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing HDD with SSD: I'm planning on replacing my original HDD with an SSD using a clean install. Can I ask Microsoft for a copy of the original disk image of my system? I have a Pavilion g4-2013tx that came originally with a Windows 7. TIA....
  4. HDD replacement with SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDD replacement with SSD: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language. I want to replace my current HDD with a SSD. I do not have any license/activation key for the operating system. How do I proceed?...
  5. SSD Replacement

SSD Replacement: My Refurbished Dell 790 SSD died. Everything on it is gone. Need to get Windows 10 Pro 64bit back on my Machine.. Via bootable USB...Thank you for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-replacement/cc449435-295b-47d3-a1ee-5f71cc550400
  6. Replacing HDD with an SSD

Replacing HDD with an SSD: I plan to replace my HDD with an SSD because I want my laptop to run faster and it failed a diagnostics test. I don't know why it failed but, I don't want to corrupt my new SSD. What happens if I don't clone the HDD to the SSD? Will I need to buy a windows 10 product key?...
  7. Replacing HDD with SSD

Replacing HDD with SSD: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, and attempted to replace the 1TB HDD with a new 500 GB SSD not a problem as I was fresh installing not cloning and will not even use 500 GB. I initialised the Crucial MX500 SSD in Windows 10, with the same partition type as HDD GPT and a new...
  8. Replace HHD with SSD

Replace HHD with SSD: I have a a computer that I want to install a ssd in and use the current hhd for the file storrage. The version of windows 10 when I bought my computer was 1903. I made a recovery USB for it and have not backed up any of the updates. If I put a ssd in and use my backup will...
  9. Replacing my SSD

Replacing my SSD: Hello, Currently I am running Windows 10 with a digital licence on my PC. My SSD is only 60 GB an Windows is warming me about low storage capacity. So I bought a bigger SSD (240 GB) to re-install Windows 10. On the support website of microsoft I notice that this might...
  10. Replacing the SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing the SSD: Good afternoon everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad (one of the smaller ones) that needs to be upgraded if I can. It has a small SSD that although runs well, its just too small. Is it possible to install an SSD that has a bit more storage? Say 250GB? 102824