Windows 10: Size of System Tray

Discus and support Size of System Tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Recently the system tray appears overly large, covering the righthand side of the screen. Also, even though only 6 icons are displayed, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LesleyGiggins, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Size of System Tray

Windows 10

Recently the system tray appears overly large, covering the righthand side of the screen.

Also, even though only 6 icons are displayed, I get a message that "Some notification icons cannot be displayed as there is not enough room."

Can some one explain what is going on and how to resize, please

Thank you

:)

LesleyGiggins, Sep 21, 2018

2. Lost clock and calendar from system tray after update on September 25, 2016

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue happens. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you adjust the height of the system tray. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the system tray.
    • Make sure that the Lock all taskbars
      option is unchecked.
    • Try positioning your cursor at the top edge of the system tray until you see a vertical line with arrows at both tips.
    • Hold the left mouse button down and drag the edge of the system tray upward to expand it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Sep 21, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    How can you widen the system tray area of the taskbar?

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are facing and will try to resolve it the best possible way we can.

System tray cannot be widen manually or Windows do not have the button to do that however they can be re-size the system by checking the buttons of which icons you want to see.

Follow the steps.

• Click start menu
      and click on setting.

• Click on System and select
      notifications & actions.

• Click on “Select which icons appear on the task bar” and select the desire icon you want to see on the system tray.

• Click on “Turn system icons on or off” and select which icons you want to see on system tray.
    Also, you can give your feedback using feedback hub.

Get back to us with the result and we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Size of System Tray

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Size of System Tray

1. Size of System Tray - Similar Threads - Size System Tray

2. System tray size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray size: Hi, I am struggling to reduce the size of the System Tray in windows 10. Currently, it looks like below screenshot.I would like to shrink the system tray and look like with small arrow to open additional icons.I have search so many articles, but no luck so far. Thanks in...
  3. System tray size

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray size: Hi, I am struggling to reduce the size of the System Tray in windows 10. Currently, it looks like below screenshot.I would like to shrink the system tray and look like with small arrow to open additional icons.I have search so many articles, but no luck so far. Thanks in...
  4. System tray size

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  6. Tray icon size

Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  7. System Tray icon size?

System Tray icon size?: I'm a graphic designer and need to design icons for the system tray. What size are those icons in Windows 10, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icon-size/d0bc9e31-4465-4da9-bbcc-fc59c2e6ba8f
  8. System tray icon size

System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  9. Icon size in system tray

Icon size in system tray: How do I change the size of the system tray icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-size-in-system-tray/a2f85e74-c314-48c4-b03c-8d58a4af95db
  10. Change size of time and icons of system tray?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of time and icons of system tray?: So Windows 10 did some kind of update and now its got a different feel to it. One thing that changed with the update was the size of text and icons in the system tray. Now they are very large and the time doesn't even fit. Where it should say PM the right side of the M is cut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust size of system tray