Windows 10: Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.

Discus and support Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After asking about forcing the version 1809 installation, I got many responses. One person gave me a link to the Windows 10 update page and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffWohnsiedler1, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.

After asking about forcing the version 1809 installation, I got many responses.

One person gave me a link to the Windows 10 update page and when I went there I found that version 1809 is now released.

I once again tried to install it on my desktop computer, but once again it failed.

My question is: does the size of the C: partition have anything to do with this issue?

My C: partition is about 194 GB.

Thank you for any input.

:)

JeffWohnsiedler1, Nov 19, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation.

1. Size of the C: drive affecting Windows installation. - Similar Threads - Size drive affecting

2. Inconsistency for C Windows drive size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inconsistency for C Windows drive size: Hello, I noticed last evening that my C Windows drive only had about 100 GB free. After moving/removing some large files images, download archives etc. I now have 270 GB of free space, amounting to about 660 GB of used storage. When I inspect the size of all files and folders...
  3. Inconsistency for C Windows drive size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inconsistency for C Windows drive size: Hello, I noticed last evening that my C Windows drive only had about 100 GB free. After moving/removing some large files images, download archives etc. I now have 270 GB of free space, amounting to about 660 GB of used storage. When I inspect the size of all files and folders...
  4. Inconsistency for C Windows drive size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C: Drive constantly increasing drive size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: Drive constantly increasing drive size: It doesn't happen on the "This Pc" tab but in the properties tab, is this a bug? is this a virus? i'm clueless submitted by /u/lievv_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/111hen1/c_drive_constantly_increasing_drive_size/
  6. C drive size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive size keeps changing: Every time I go on my computer my storage size on my SSD keeps changing, It may start at 47.9gb and go down to 47.4gb for no reason then go back up to 47.9gb. i know its not a drastic change but it annoys the heck out of me.I already tried deleting temp files and it didn't...
  7. C drive size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive size keeps changing: Every time I go on my computer my storage size on my SSD keeps changing, It may start at 47.9gb and go down to 47.4gb for no reason then go back up to 47.9gb. i know its not a drastic change but it annoys the heck out of me.I already tried deleting temp files and it didn't...
  8. C drive usage size increased

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive usage size increased: I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the product key to active. now the issue is that my C drive size 140GB and it's showing only 10 GB left...
  9. how to increase the size of drive c

how to increase the size of drive c: how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-size-of-drive-c/1e140d09-4b04-407c-9e08-5000dd1bb1a6
  10. Extend C Drive Size

Extend C Drive Size: Hi! I already have 1TB of HDD in my laptop. But I want to extend increase the space or size in my C drive. What should I do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-size/eaa0f655-67dd-4322-acc8-52c012fc8835