Windows 10: Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab

Discus and support Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Win+Tab to see the taskview, all the app windows would scale to thumbnails. That's great. The taskview actually functions normally. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LT BAO, Aug 9, 2020.

1. LT BAO Win User

Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab

When I press Win+Tab to see the taskview, all the app windows would scale to thumbnails. That's great.

The taskview actually functions normally. But with a little issue.

All of the thumbnails first scale to a smaller one, then flickers to a bigger one just little bigger.

It seems like a bug, because in 1703/1709 I can't remember clearly the app windows would directly scale to thumbnails with their final sizes without a jitter. After 1803, every version of Windows has this problem. All of my PCs and Laptops have this problem.

Pic1

Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab [​IMG]

Pic2 Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab f1db5812-8769-4659-8030-03fe5c9cbaba?upload=true.png

If you switch between Pic1 and Pic2, you can see the thumbnail size changes a little bit. It's quite annoying.

:)

LT BAO, Aug 9, 2020

2. Windwos 10 Virtual Desktop: TaskView mode immediately returns to desktop when pressing Win+Tab or TaskView icon

I like Windows 10 Virtual Desktop function. But it also made me crazy as it's working strange.

As the title suggested pressing Win+tab or TaskView icon once changes to TaskView mode.

But it immediately returns to desktop without any activity. Then pressing it once more it

stays there and I can do something on it. So to say to show TaskView mode I almost always

required pressing Win+Tab or TaskView icon twice. I'm using several Windows 10 PCs

and they are all showing same symptom.

This is really annoying and I couldn't find any solution for it.

Is there anybody suffered this kind of problem and fixed?

Thanks,

SY

Seungyong Kwon, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Changing the thumbnail pictures size

Hi,

The larger version of Thumbnail pictures viewed can vary between 400x400 to about 600x600 unless it's an arty site or image gallery. To know how to change the thumbnail picture size, you may check some of the suggestions below:

Option 1 – Keyboard + Mouse Shortcut

While viewing the photos in a window, hold the “CTRL” key and scroll the wheel on your mouse to enlarge or decrease the size of the icons.

Option 2 - Menu Options

1. Select “Start” and open “File Explorer“.

2. Select the “View” tab.

3. Make sure the ribbon is expanded. Pressing CTRL + F1 will toggle it for you.

4. Select the desired setting. “Extra Large Icons“, “Large Icons“, “Medium Icons” or “Small Icons“.

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab

Windwos 10 Virtual Desktop: TaskView mode immediately returns to desktop when pressing Win+Tab or TaskView icon

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't correctly remember when this first happened.

I may be wrong but I think it's happened from the beginning after I installed Windows 10.

One thing I can think of a culprit of this symptom is x-mouse setting using win-aero utility.

Downloads / Software / Winaero Tweaker

It enables a window focused when the mouse pointer moves on it, as you might know.

The windows activation timeout value is currently 200.

I can't find correct replication order as it varies each time I press Win+tab or TaskView icon.

Sometime work, sometime doesn't work...

Thanks,

SY

Seungyong Kwon, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab

1. Size of thumbnails in Taskview would change after pressing Win+Tab - Similar Threads - Size thumbnails Taskview

2. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  3. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  4. TaskView

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskView: When the task view button is clicked, the task view has a close button,Using the shortcut key win+Tab, the close button is not displayedthe close button is displayedthe close button is not displayed...
  5. TaskView

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskView: When the task view button is clicked, the task view has a close button,Using the shortcut key win+Tab, the close button is not displayedthe close button is displayedthe close button is not displayed...
  6. Weird Bug when pressing Win+Tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Bug when pressing Win+Tab: Hey, Reddit. When I press Win+Tab, opened windows resize a bit and it's really annoying. It happens on both of my PCs. I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004. Back when I was using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, everything was ok about it. How can I solve this problem? Demonstration:...
  7. Laggy taskview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laggy taskview: I switched from Mac to pc a couple of weeks ago. I used what is called taskview on windows a lot on mac (always have multiple desktops running for work). On Mac it was smooth af, however there is a noticeable delay between when I perform the touchpad gesture and when taskview...
  8. taskview folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taskview folder: Morning how do I clean the task view cleaner. Thanks David https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskview-folder/bdec3980-f98c-48f3-a7a0-a4caf399c66f
  9. Thumbnail view size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail view size: Even when I have selected extra large icons the thumbnails are only showing as large icons. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-view-size/57e412f5-d3c6-478a-851f-1c52e74a655e"
  10. Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...