Windows 10: Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB??

Discus and support Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 folder seems to have been getting out of control in the last year. It went from around 50 GB at the beginning of the year to 75/69 GB at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jparod1, Nov 15, 2018.

1. jparod1 Win User

Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB??

My windows 10 folder seems to have been getting out of control in the last year. It went from around 50 GB at the beginning of the year to 75/69 GB at time of posting. Windows keep trying to update and wants more space to do so, then it tries to download smaller updates, creeping up space. Back in September I updated Windows and had to come up with about 10GB of space, afte the update I had about 8-9 GB left over. That space has now been taken up by Windows where now I am sitting at 300 MB of space.

My C: is sitting at 96 GB, and I just can't keep deleting programs and user files to make space to update. I haven't been able to update the PC in about 2 months, as it has been running around low on space since.

Edition: Windows 10 Home.

Version: 1803.

OS build: 17134.345

2 questions:

1. What is the approximate required space for the Windows folder nowadays? When I partitioned this drive I was looking at ~30 GB for windows (windows 8 was taking 20-25 GB back in 2014) so I allocated 96GB to be on the safe side. I don't mind upgrading size if that's what it takes, but I would like to know what size to get as I only need to upgrade the C drive.

2. If this folder is seriously bloated, what could be causing it? How can I reduce file size?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB?? a06a8982-5f3c-46b3-9a70-ae42ca96482b?upload=true.png

:)

jparod1, Nov 15, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB??

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB??

1. Size of windows 10 folder is 75 GB?? - Similar Threads - Size folder

2. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  3. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...: Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a 40gb folder in desktop to transfer to another storage.. But once I clicked the folder's properties it only shows 9+gb, but all the files are still there.. and tried to copy that folder...
  4. Hi, is there limit file size of folder in windows 10 desktop..? I temporarily transferred a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Size Explorer Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  6. Change Size Explorer Folder

Change Size Explorer Folder: Good afternoon. I have the following question, maybe someone knows the answer. I increased the scale of my Windows system and now I have just huge Explorer folders width/height and I would like to make them smaller. Just set the size width and height of the Explorer folder...
  7. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  8. I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...

I want to set up all of the folders on my HD to show the same order of Name, Size,...: I have a new PC and it has all folders showing Name, Date Modified, Type and Size. But, I want all Folders to show Name, Size, Date Modified, Type. How can I accomplish this task?...
  9. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64
  10. i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages

i have problem ? i found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages: HiI have problem? I found folder size 172Gb in AppData\Local\Packages I can delete this folder. and why is it high size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-i-found-folder-size-172gb-in/9f206684-47dd-4550-b93d-9763d95b0b64