Windows 10: Size on disk: 8.00 PB

Discus and support Size on disk: 8.00 PB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is this?Is this a file system glitch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-on-disk-800-pb/379c99a7-8359-4b94-a805-4a6e2f2c12cb Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bash, Dec 2, 2021.

1. bash Win User

Size on disk: 8.00 PB

What is this?Is this a file system glitch?

:)

bash, Dec 2, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Size on disk: 8.00 PB :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Pb 9931 / 9932

Just noticed changes to WU after KB3035129:

• Connect MSA to change .....

• Choose what branch .....

Size on disk: 8.00 PB [​IMG]

I set the ring to fast, but it appears KB3035129 reset the ring to slow.

The PB(s) mentioned were not offered, so MS has corrected the 'too early' exposure.

I tried Connect MSA to change, there is no individual sign-in.
    You are taken to Settings -> Accounts, the only option there is switch to a MSA.

Slartybart, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Size on disk: 8.00 PB

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Size on disk: 8.00 PB

1. Size on disk: 8.00 PB - Similar Threads - Size disk

2. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  3. upgrading my SSD Disk manager shows the new size while the file explorer still shows the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading my SSD Disk manager shows the new size while the file explorer still shows the...: Hi,I have changed the SSD from 512 GB to 1 TB, I cloned the old drive to the new drive. However, the disk manage shows the new size 1 TB, while the file explorer still see the 512GB size although it is correctly allocated, see images below....
  4. upgrading my SSD Disk manager shows the new size while the file explorer still shows the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading my SSD Disk manager shows the new size while the file explorer still shows the...: Hi,I have changed the SSD from 512 GB to 1 TB, I cloned the old drive to the new drive. However, the disk manage shows the new size 1 TB, while the file explorer still see the 512GB size although it is correctly allocated, see images below....
  5. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  6. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  7. IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS...: IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT FULLY DOWNLOADED? /BEING DOWNLOADED??AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND NOT NORMAL. BUT I AM EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE WITH STEAM APPLICATION.Look at the file size i have...
  8. IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS...

IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS...: IS IT NORMAL FOR AN APPLICATION TO OCCUPY ITS FULL SPECIFIED SIZE ON DISK EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT FULLY DOWNLOADED? /BEING DOWNLOADED??AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND NOT NORMAL. BUT I AM EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE WITH STEAM APPLICATION.Look at the file size i have...
  9. Size vs Size on disk difference in Windows explained

in Windows 10 News
    Size vs Size on disk difference in Windows explained: [IMG]You can view the actual size of your file by opening file properties in File Explorer. If you have ever noticed, file properties show two different types of sizes for the same file, namely, Size and Size on disk. The Size on disk is usually larger than the actual file...
  10. Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?

Why is size on disk different on a flash drive when I copy a large amount of files?: Hi, I've noticed that when I copy a large amount of files to a flash drive, the size on disk on the flash drive is different from my actual hard drive. Why is this?If it helps, my hard drive is an internal SSD and both drives are formatted in NTFS. I have Windows 11.Here's a...