Windows 10: Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

Discus and support Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My folders of photos are showing properties of a much larger size than is physically possible on my laptop, this is not showing up as an issue on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RMS21, Aug 15, 2020.

1. RMS21 Win User

Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

My folders of photos are showing properties of a much larger size than is physically possible on my laptop, this is not showing up as an issue on the laptop, but I can't back them up effectively as have already used up a 2TB drive for a small portion of them ! I've seen some comments on forums about files being allocated 32mb regardless of their actual size, checking a few individual files, this looks likely to be the problem. Advice on how to fix this, so the actual file size is recorded, would be helpful.

:)

RMS21, Aug 15, 2020

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

Sizing the tool bars in windows live mail

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your response.

There is no such options available to particularly make texts larger in such sections.

The only option you can try is to Hold the Ctrl + Mouse Scroll to increase
    the text size/Zoom the text size.

I would also suggest you to check the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start button.
    • Type Larger or Smaller, Select the Make text and other items Larger or Smaller.
    • Try adjusting the Font Size and check.
    Note: This options changes the Fonts on the whole in Windows depending on the selections of option.

Example: Taskbar, Menus.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ?

1. Size on disk much larger than actual size - how to fix ? - Similar Threads - Size disk much

2. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  3. C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:/Users "size" volume is larger than whole disk while "size on disk" is much smaller: My C:/Users shows 540 gb of "size" and 31gb of "size on disk" while the C disk only has 146gb. My laptop runs properly but I don't think this is normal. Is it an error or something that can be explained?...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  5. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  6. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

7. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  8. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity: I would like to request for some assistance in regards to a file sizing issue I have experienced. I randomly checked through my folders and discovered one of them showing weird size properties. It is a sub-folder within the HDD partition and it is showing sizes way larger...
  9. Disk size in sub-folder larger than the actual disk capacity

10. Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.: A couple of months ago I transferred some photos and videos from my phone to my desktop computer. All was well at the time - fast forward to today, I attempted to open some of the photos in the folder, and all I get is a blank screen - something 'trying' to open. I did...