Windows 10: SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business

Discus and support SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; NEWS HIGHLIGHTS SK hynix will pay US $9 billion for the Intel NAND memory and storage business, which includes the NAND SSD business, the NAND... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business

Read more: SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business | Intel Newsroom

See also (PDF): https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-conten...y-news-q-a.pdf

:)

Brink, Oct 20, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

SK Hynix to Acquire Link_A_Media Devices

SK hynix Inc. (‘SK hynix’ or ‘the Company’) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire California-based storage solution company Link_A_Media Devices Corporation (‘LAMD’). LAMD, founded in 2004, is a leader in the development of semiconductor system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for the data storage market. These SoC solutions, also called controllers, interface with processors to significantly increase the speed and reliability of Flash memory. Upon completion of the acquisition, LAMD will join SK hynix as a business unit focused on customized NAND based solutions.

As various mobile applications such as smartphones and tablet PCs are being rapidly adopted and cloud computing grows in popularity, the NAND Flash market has been evolving from raw NAND memory solutions for USB and memory cards to value-added products equipped with controllers. The role of the NAND controller in premium products such as e-MMC (embedded Multi Media Card) and SSDs (Solid State Drives) has become increasingly important to meet the high memory densities and improved interface speeds required by end users.

“We expect our NAND Flash competitiveness will be further strengthened by the acquisition of LAMD which has extensive expertise in controller technology and excellent engineering resources. SK hynix will leverage this acquisition and continuously develop value-added NAND solutions and respond to our customers’ needs,” said Mr. Oh Chul Kwon, President and CEO of SK hynix.

“We are excited to become a part of the SK hynix family. This will enable us to bring our advanced controller solutions to a wide range of data storage products to meet the rapidly increasing demands of the worldwide business and consumer markets,” said Dr. Hemant Thapar, Founder and CEO of LAMD.

btarunr, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Spansion and SK Hynix Announce Strategic NAND Alliance

Spansion Inc. and SK Hynix today announced an alliance to deliver Spansion SLC NAND products at the 4x, 3x, and 2x nodes to the embedded market. The first Spansion SLC NAND products resulting from this alliance will be available beginning in the second quarter of 2012. As part of the relationship, the companies will enter into a patent cross-licensing agreement.

Spansion's NAND products complement its NOR offering and complete its product line, which is targeted at embedded applications such as automotive, industrial and telecommunications. Spansion's high performance and high reliability SLC NAND product portfolio will come with Spansion's recognized customer support and commitment for longevity of supply, which is highly valued in the embedded market, where Spansion has established relationships. Spansion will apply its stringent process for qualification, testing, extended temperature support and packaging to its NAND products. The company plans to introduce a family of NAND products over the next few quarters.

"As demand for NAND memory grows in embedded segments, we are well positioned as we continue to broaden our portfolio of Flash memory products to meet the stringent requirements of the embedded industry," said John Kispert, president and CEO of Spansion. "Our cooperation with SK Hynix will enable us to expand our leadership in the embedded market with serial NOR, parallel NOR and now SLC NAND products."

Spansion will continue developing its charge-trapping NAND technology.

"We look forward to partnering with Spansion and leveraging each other's strengths," said Oh Chul Kwon, President and CEO of SK Hynix. "Together we can deliver innovative NAND products to the embedded market- combining Spansion's leadership position and established customer relationships across multiple embedded segments with SK Hynix's NAND manufacturing size and scale."

Cristian_25H, Oct 20, 2020
  4. SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business

Toshiba Sues SK Hynix

Toshiba Corporation today announced that it has brought a civil suit against Korea's SK Hynix Inc. at the Tokyo District Court, under Japan's Unfair Competition Prevention Act. The suit seeks damages for the wrongful acquisition and use of Toshiba's proprietary technical information related to NAND flash memory, which Toshiba pioneered in 1987 and now jointly develops and produces with SanDisk Corporation of the U.S.

Toshiba filed the suit on learning that a former employee of SK Hynix has been arrested in Japan for alleged criminal infringement of the Unfair Competition Prevention Act. The employee formerly worked for SanDisk in a NAND flash memory development project conducted in partnership with Toshiba at Yokkaichi Operations, Toshiba's flash memory technology development and mass production base in Mie prefecture, Japan. The employee is alleged to have illegally taken Toshiba's proprietary technical information in 2008, and to have subsequently provided it to SK Hynix.

SK Hynix is a business partner of Toshiba. However, the companies are also competitors in NAND flash memory, one of Toshiba's core technologies, and given the scope and importance of the misappropriated technical data involved, Toshiba has no reasonable option other than to seek legal redress.

Moving forward, Toshiba will construct a more robust system for protecting its intellectual property and preventing its loss, and respond resolutely to unfair competition, in order to maintain the advanced technical competence that is the source of its competitive strength.

Cristian_25H, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business

1. SK hynix to Acquire Intel NAND Memory Business - Similar Threads - hynix Acquire Intel

2. How to acquire windows keys for business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to acquire windows keys for business: I am starting a business creating pre-built computers and want the option for customers to be able to choose windows operating system. What's the process of safe key delivery, where do I acquire the licenses.I contacted the support and just got tossed around many departments...
  3. How to acquire windows keys for business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to acquire windows keys for business: I am starting a business creating pre-built computers and want the option for customers to be able to choose windows operating system. What's the process of safe key delivery, where do I acquire the licenses.I contacted the support and just got tossed around many departments...
  4. SK hynix BC 501

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SK hynix BC 501: HelloI have a new warning message on my HP Pavillion laptop Windows 11 : "SK Hynix BC501 HFM512GDJTNG-8310 Fiabilité détérioréeDurée restante estimée : 4%"What does it mean please ? what will I do ?Thank you for your helpHelene...
  5. SK hynix BC 501

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SK hynix BC 501: HelloI have a new warning message on my HP Pavillion laptop Windows 11 : "SK Hynix BC501 HFM512GDJTNG-8310 Fiabilité détérioréeDurée restante estimée : 4%"What does it mean please ? what will I do ?Thank you for your helpHelene...
  6. Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD: Does anyone know where I can get a Windows 10 driver for a SK Hynix SH920 128gb mSATA SSD drive? This was the system disk in my Dell laptop when it got messed up by a recent Microsoft update. I really want to take a copy of the drive before I try to fix the problem. The...
  7. Samsung 970 Evo vs SK Hynix P31 M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 970 Evo vs SK Hynix P31 M.2 SSD?: I will be ordering a new 1tb nvme ssd tomorrow. I had decided i will be buying the samsung 970 evo when looking at reviews until some people on another forum suggested the sk hynix p31 becauee not only is it as good as the samsung evo... and it uses a lot less power in power...
  8. Apple to Acquire Majority of Intel Smartphone Modem Business

in Windows 10 News
    Apple to Acquire Majority of Intel Smartphone Modem Business: Intel and Apple have signed an agreement for Apple to acquire the majority of Intel’s smartphone modem business. Approximately 2,200 Intel employees will join Apple, along with intellectual property, equipment and leases. The transaction, valued at $1 billion, is expected to...
  9. Combining Intel Optane and Intel QLC 3D NAND technologies

in Windows 10 News
    Combining Intel Optane and Intel QLC 3D NAND technologies: [ATTACH] Intel is reimagining the memory-and-storage market and igniting a new era of computing with the combination of Intel Optane and Intel QLC 3D NAND technologies. (Credit: Peter Belanger Photography) What’s New: Intel outlines vision for reimagining memory and...
  10. Micron and Intel Extend Their Leadership in 3D NAND Flash Memory

in Windows 10 News
    Micron and Intel Extend Their Leadership in 3D NAND Flash Memory: Announce Qualification of Industry’s First 4 bits/cell 3D NAND and Development of 96-Layer 3D NAND Structure News Highlights Intel-Micron delivers the 1st commercially available 1Tb – 4bits/cell (QLC) die in the history of semiconductors Qualification of 4bits/cell 3D NAND...