Windows 10: SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted

Discus and support SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new SkanDisk USB 3.0 Flash Drive that is showing in Explorer but I'm getting this pop-up when I try to open it. My other USB Stick works fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanDougall1956, Aug 22, 2019.

1. SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted

I have a new SkanDisk USB 3.0 Flash Drive that is showing in Explorer but I'm getting this pop-up when I try to open it. My other USB Stick works fine, as does my Seagate external drive.

ScanDisk Support have sent me instructions that involve editing the Registry. I'm not touching it, especially for a £13.17 USB!

Can someone please advise what I should do please?

SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted d716e946-3c6f-46ae-9671-b2a812a41403?upload=true.png

Sean.

:)

SeanDougall1956, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Aug 22, 2019
  3. peweba Win User
    Visibility of USB Flash Drive

Hello,

your answer did not solve the issue.

I am running Windows 10 pro, Version 1709, Os Build 16299.248. There are no outstanding OS updates.

What is significant,

• when I insert an USB Flash Drive, there is the ringing acknowledgement - but the device does not show at all
    • when I insert a bootable USB Flash Drive, there is the ringing acknowledgement and the device shows as graphic symbol, which I can then open.
    Kind regards

Peter

peweba, Aug 22, 2019
  4. SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks.

I have gone through trouble shooting stage.

In Device manager the DVD/CD drives are shown as working correctly, the DVD drive is showing in File Explorer. When I right click properties it shows as working correctly.

When a disc is inserted and I left click on the drive in File Explorer it ejects the disc and asks for a disc to be inserted. It is therefore not recognising a valid disc.

Have you any suggestions

Regards

johnwbeasley, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted

1. SkanDisk USB Flash Drive Showing in Explorer But W10 Asking For Disc To Be Inserted - Similar Threads - SkanDisk USB Flash

2. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  3. flash drive does not show when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    flash drive does not show when inserted: how to get flash drive to show when inserted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive-does-not-show-when-inserted/23a8102d-849c-4cce-bd8e-47cb64db5375
  4. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  5. USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer

USB Flash Drive not showing up in file explorer: I have two computers side by side. I know the flash drives are good because they work on my other computer. When I plug either of them into my main PC, I hear the "ding" that they are being detected, but they won't show up in my file explorer with my other drives. I have...
  6. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  7. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  8. USB flash drive not showing

9. USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer

USB flash drive(s) not showing in File Explorer: I believe this started with the 720 (1909 18363.720) Windows Update but I'm not sure. I'm going to try backing out the latest WU in a bit but wanted to post the problem here before doing so. File Explorer is not seeing any USB Flash drive or mounted ISO, but I can look at...
  10. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......