Windows 10: Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images.

Discus and support Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is one App I use quite a lot, and I've noticed that there appears to be a 'hidden' cache of all 'Snips' that are being retained in the program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mooly, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Mooly Win User

Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images.

This is one App I use quite a lot, and I've noticed that there appears to be a 'hidden' cache of all 'Snips' that are being retained in the program files related to the App.

I wonder why these are being created and why are they are being retained, even after a full disk clean ?

The filepath for the App is:

%LocalAppData%\Packages

and located under ScreenSketch in the TempState folder are copies of snips made using the App. My first thought was that these related to the Timeline function but I'm not really sure, and in any case this seems a security issue to me as any images made and fully deleted should not be retained in such an easily accessible form as this.

Any ideas?

Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images. [​IMG]

Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images. [​IMG]

:)

Mooly, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Netspin Win User
    Netspin, Jan 31, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    October Update Snip & Sketch Eraser Tool

You're wasting your time complaining about it (or offering suggestions) here. Use the Feedback Hub, which you can find in the list of apps on the Start menu.

JimWynne, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images.

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images.

1. Sketch and Snip seems to have 'hidden' folder of images. - Similar Threads - Sketch Snip seems

2. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch: Hello!I'm here to ask if anyone else is having issues with the Snip & Sketch tool. it is no longer responding to the short cut windows key + shift + s and it's really quite annoying. I use it daily and now it's just useless.I've uninstalled and reinstalled already but it did...
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch: When I use the snip and sketch shortcut, it delays for 3 seconds before allowing me to snip what I want. When I do the same on a laptop, it is near instant. How come the snip and sketch is delayed on my computer?...
  7. Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is

Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is: I'm too sure why, but the image that I crop out with Snip and Sketch and snipping tool will always be a shade darker than the actual image that I cropped, and it doesn't go away when I save the picture or use the picture elsewhere - help?...
  8. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images: Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?...
  9. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch: Hi! I have been happily using your snipping tool for years. Snip and sketch is clunky and frankly not intuitive. I try the logo+Shift+S to capture whole screen and it takes forever to never create anything but the address bar of the browser. Snipping opened it self and...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does snip and sketch save images

2. change snip & sketch default fodler

3. where are snip & sketch files saved?

4. how to find my snip and sketchs,
  5. saved folder for snip and skec,
  6. temp storage for snip & sketch,
  7. microsoft.sceensketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe!app,
  8. snip and sketch default save folder,
  9. snip and sketch reverse the image,
  10. snip picture folder,
  11. where are hidden snips saved windows 10,