Windows 10: Sketchy hidden console

Discus and support Sketchy hidden console in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right category, however I am not sure exactly which correspond to my request, tried my best. Since a few... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ninie_11001, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Sketchy hidden console

Hi, I'm sorry if this is not posted in the right category, however I am not sure exactly which correspond to my request, tried my best.

Since a few days, I've noticed a weird "icon" on my desktop. I quoted "icon", cause it is not one plus I don't display them. When I hover my cursor on it the cursor does changes to the resize cursor.

So, this is a running program squizzed to its minimal size... I did resize it, only to reveal a sorta terminal, except it's title bar is non standard, and the terminal area is all black. I guess it is just configured to not display its instructions.

Of course, I can't right click it, nor Alt-F4 it, nor it does appear in the taskbar or background programs. Ran a full scan windows defender with no luck.

I have not been able to identify nor the process, nor the service in the task manager. What I mean is according to my limited knowledge, I have not seen any process/service that caught my attention which were not part of either windows, either MSI Dragon_center.

I don't really know for how long it has been here, it was very discrete.

Has anyone seen it before ?
    minimal size :

Sketchy hidden console b951f420-b3ae-4b19-9a4e-dc569bce19e3?upload=true.jpg

manualy resized : Sketchy hidden console 944764f6-a34a-4bb5-bc3e-015df3ba6616?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ninie_11001, Apr 5, 2021

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't open any console apps- 0x0000142

Hi,

We need to verify some information first for us to better assist you on your concern about the 0x0000142 error code. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start getting the 0x0000142 error code when accessing console apps?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Can you please tell us what are the console apps that are you attempting to access?
    • What are the steps that you've performed when you tried re-installing Windows 10?
    • Can you please tell us in what stage does the re-installation process failed?

We suggest posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, Apr 5, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

Sketchy hidden console

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Sketchy hidden console

1. Sketchy hidden console - Similar Threads - Sketchy hidden console

2. Sketchy HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sketchy HDD: So recently I got an old computer from my auntI pulled out the hard drive and see a burn mark on the stickerwhile in bios, I plugged it into the motherboard, and everything start behaving weirdthe screen flickering with all kinds of color and stuck in a boot loopI pulled out...
  3. Sketchy HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sketchy HDD: So recently I got an old computer from my auntI pulled out the hard drive and see a burn mark on the stickerwhile in bios, I plugged it into the motherboard, and everything start behaving weirdthe screen flickering with all kinds of color and stuck in a boot loopI pulled out...
  4. Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop Keyboard not working due to sketchy application program: 2 days ago Saturday, I fell for a sketchy youtube video that thinks certain applications would perform little optimization for low-end PC. I only used two out of 4 sketchy optimizers and one app Memory Reduct has caused my laptop keyboard to stop working or got disabled.I...
  5. A hidden hidden file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hidden hidden file?: Win 10 is telling me a folder exists that it doesn't show no matter what I click.I've been trying to install Corel Photo house 4.0 on Win10 but it keeps telling me that there's a .dll file missing that it can't load. I've tried recreating the folder in Win10 that it's looking...
  6. What's Going On Here? Sketchy Program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's Going On Here? Sketchy Program?: [IMG] Was not sure where to go with this. Figured I'd give Reddit a shot. Does anyone have any idea why a program would need to run like this? No other program I have on my pc does this and I have never seen a program do this before. They all just start under explorer....
  7. Sketchy Programs that I did not see before

Sketchy Programs that I did not see before: [ATTACH] In the screenshot here, I see newly installed programs from today and I downloaded two to four programs into my computer for gaming but changed my mind so now I'm wondering if I should trust the C++ programs or not. Because these occurred on the same date as the...
  8. Random popups after visiting a sketchy website

Random popups after visiting a sketchy website: I recently visited a sketchy website, one where everytime you click, it opens a new tab. This time, it opened a new tab then immediately disappeared. Now I am getting random notifications from chrome. I ran a quick scan using mcAfee, but it didn't detect anything. I looked at...
  9. console

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    console: need help regarding the console...my console is not connecting while playing the game which I installed from Microsoft store the other games r working which took from pen drive or any other external sources...
  10. Factory Reset Sketchy Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory Reset Sketchy Behavior: I factory reset my PC every few months and this time was very different from what usually happens. What usually happens is that everything, all the settings and updates and etc default back to their original factory settings. No brainer. Well, this time the reset keeps the...