Windows 10: SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10

Discus and support SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have a certain problem that boot times are too slow. I have another laptop which manages to have boot times around 3 seconds (BIOS +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Karmakstylez, Feb 7, 2021.

1. SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10

Hello guys,

I have a certain problem that boot times are too slow. I have another laptop which manages to have boot times around 3 seconds (BIOS + Login Screen) with a normal SSD/mSata and this laptop I am now on has a brand new NVME. With the current laptop I get boot times between 6 seconds (rarely) and 15 seconds (ocassionally). This is really bothering me, because this laptop has much faster speeds but I do not see it at all. I see speeds of a regular SSD instead. And trust me I had SSD's that were much faster in booting than this laptop now.

On Windows itself it runs fine without any problems and any lags. It is just the problem of slow booting.

Specs: SKIKK 15GM0Y - 15,6" Magnesium laptop met RTX 2060 samenstellen

Further specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7 Octa Core (8) 10875H 2.3GHz (5.1GHz) 16MB Cache
    RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR4 2666
    OS: Windows 10 v20H2 19042.789 (First I have the latest Insider Preview and the slow boot problems where there as well)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile 6GB
    SDD Slot 1: ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 1TB (therefore an 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe
    SSD Slot 2: None (therefore an Intel 660p 1TB NVMe)
    # Both slots are NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 speeds are around the 3000Mbps / 3500Mbps
    BIOS: AMI BIOS v2.21 modded by manufacturer

Situation:
    - No further components attached
    - BIOS is up-to-date
    - Drivers are up-to-date
    - Tested on clean version of Windows as well on with installed software, boot times did not change
    - BIOS has limited options to configure. According to AMIBCPv5 FastBoot and Quiet Boot are on. I am unable to flash a modded BIOS, due problems with the version.

What I need to do:
    - Boottrace, the first Boottrace was not accurate (I have deleted it, it was around 20GB big). Could you please give me a brief step-by-step to perform a accurate boottrace? I have a Microsoft Account currently.
    - See if I can get into the Advanced Mode of the BIOS (I do not know how, I have searched around but haven't found any optimal results to do this)

If there are other suggestions as well what I could do, please let me know.

:)

Karmakstylez, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 7, 2021
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10 :mad:

scevism, Feb 7, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10

windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10

1. SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME Slow Booting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SKIKK 15GM0Y NVME

2. Slow NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow NVMe: Hi, I just got a brand new laptop with an NVMe. I noticed I am getting a write speed of about 50mbps while downloading. Read speed is about 1mbps. All of this data is accordingto task manager. The pc is not refurbished or renewed. I have seen online that NVMe operates in the...
  3. Slow NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow NVMe: Hi, I just got a brand new laptop with an NVMe. I noticed I am getting a write speed of about 50mbps while downloading. Read speed is about 1mbps. All of this data is accordingto task manager. The pc is not refurbished or renewed. I have seen online that NVMe operates in the...
  4. Slow Nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Nvme: Benchmark Good, but on copying files, playing games, it is always 100% utilization and slows down entire pc. Could be my nvme fault? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-nvme/0d1b4d09-bd33-47a5-a4d0-57cdb40cbd22
  5. Slow Nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Nvme: Benchmark Good, but on copying files, playing games, it is always 100% utilization and slows down entire pc. Could be my nvme fault? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-nvme/0d1b4d09-bd33-47a5-a4d0-57cdb40cbd22
  6. NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NVME slow boot - Untraceable via Windows Performance Recorder?: Hello everyone. Since update 20H2 (W10Pro 19042.964), my boot takes about 3 minutes to enter Windows (it takes too much time to lighten up USB peripherals in load screen), using a Samsung 960Pro nvme disk (health OK). I've tried everything: uninstall a lot of startup...
  7. Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot slow after Cloning Windows 10 from Sata SSD to Nvme SSD.: I installed a new M. 2 nvme (Samsung Evo 970 plus) ssd on my system and transferred OS( Windows 10 build 2004) from my Sata( Samsung evo 860 250gb) ssd using samsung data migration software. It worked well,OS was transferred successfully and was booting up well like normal...
  8. NVME issues for booting win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVME issues for booting win 10: Hi, I was recently rebuilding my PC and decided to upgrade to a 2TB PCIE 4 NVME. I also Previously had a Samsung 960 PRO. I did a clean install from a USBC SSD. For some reason, I have to have my BIOS set to legacy in order to recognize and boot from the new NVME. How can I...
  9. 9900k, samsung 970 pro nvme super slow Win 10 boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    9900k, samsung 970 pro nvme super slow Win 10 boot: Hi everyone, I have an issue with my new build. I'm getting boot times of a minimum of 40 seconds (after bios) when i turn on from cold, up to 2 mins 45 - 3 mins 15, on restart. I installed win 10 pro with just the nvme installed, afterwards i updated the drivers for the...
  10. 9900k, samsung 970 pro nvme super slow Win 10 boot

in Windows 10 Support
    9900k, samsung 970 pro nvme super slow Win 10 boot: Hi everyone, I have an issue with my new build. I'm getting boot times of a minimum of 40 seconds (after bios) when i turn on from cold, up to 2 mins 45 - 3 mins 15, on restart. I installed win 10 pro with just the nvme installed, afterwards i updated the drivers for the...