Windows 10: Skipped Files

Discus and support Skipped Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after backing up my files using backup and restore (windows 7) i get this message "the backup completed but some files were skipped". Thes are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceHogan3, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Skipped Files

after backing up my files using backup and restore (windows 7) i get this message "the backup completed but some files were skipped". Thes are the files skipped "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Bruce\OneDrive\Documents. ErrorSkipped Files :(STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))" "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Bruce\OneDrive\Music. ErrorSkipped Files :(STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))." , Is there a solution?

:)

BruceHogan3, Nov 8, 2019

2. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Replace or Skip file dialog box not appearing anymore, always paste as a copy if file exist

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

Please be informed that you might have checked that option to replace or skip file dialogue box.

I suggest you to restore the folder options and check if it helps.

• Go to file explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on options.
    • Then click on Restore default.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Skipped Files

The Backup completed but some files were skipped

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience. I would like to inform you that if you are trying to backup a file which is on the drive where the backup is being created, it will skip those files.

You may check in libraries if your personal files which you have already uninstalled are present there. If it’s there, you may delete those files & try to run the backup again.

You may also try the following steps and check if that helps:

• Restore default storage locations on all folders (i.e. Pictures, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Searches etc...)
    • Rename the folder in explorer to match the default folder.
    • Restore the default libraries and run the back up.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be happy to assist.

Navneet Anand, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Skipped Files

1. Skipped Files - Similar Threads - Skipped Files

2. Finding a list of files skipped during transfer to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding a list of files skipped during transfer to external drive: Hello. I copied a large amount of files and folders to a back up external SSD from OneDrive recently and many files with long names were skipped. Is it possible to find a list of these skipped files and copy the list for reference?...
  3. Finding a list of files skipped during transfer to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding a list of files skipped during transfer to external drive: Hello. I copied a large amount of files and folders to a back up external SSD from OneDrive recently and many files with long names were skipped. Is it possible to find a list of these skipped files and copy the list for reference?...
  4. Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files

in Windows 10 News
    Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files: [IMG]When copying files in Windows or other operating systems, users might encounter a situation where the Replace or Skip File dialog box does not appear as expected in Windows 11/10. It can prevent them from managing file conflicts and choosing how to handle duplicate files...
  5. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently: Hello,I am getting very annoyed when trying to copy or move files from one directory to another because of this skip or replace dialog. How do you disable it permanently? I get that there are some of the same files, but they are from different directories and packages such as...
  6. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently: Hello,I am getting very annoyed when trying to copy or move files from one directory to another because of this skip or replace dialog. How do you disable it permanently? I get that there are some of the same files, but they are from different directories and packages such as...
  7. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

8. Copy - skipped files report

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy - skipped files report: I should've probably used a specialized tool for that, but now that I did it with windows... I copied ~11000 files from 1 HDD to another, and out of habit, clicked 'do not ask again' and "skip" when there was a problem.due to a hardware problem that's why I'm copying from it,...
  9. Copy - skipped files report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy - skipped files report: I should've probably used a specialized tool for that, but now that I did it with windows... I copied ~11000 files from 1 HDD to another, and out of habit, clicked 'do not ask again' and "skip" when there was a problem.due to a hardware problem that's why I'm copying from it,...
  10. Copy - skipped files report